• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

saucepan v lloyds tsb credit card - Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saucepan v lloyds tsb credit card - Help

Hi! I have sent a CCA request to BLS Collections who are the DCA for this card and received a letter back from Lloyds TSB stating that they have not received enough details to process the request and require letter to be re-sent with relevant card numbers, account details and up to date home address.

My original letter obviously contained my up to date address and my name, along with BLS's account reference number, which I assume relates to said debt??? Am I obliged to send them further information to be able to locate the debt or is it up to them to fulfill the request from the information that they already have, which in my opinion should be enough to trace it back? Do i need to respond to this letter if i am not obliged to give them further details or can i just ignore and file? Also this letter has arrived after the time limit of 12 working days.

thanks in anticipation

Re: saucepan v lloyds tsb credit card - Help

Hi saucepan and welcome to Beagles.

If BLS collections are chasing the debt and has been transferred to them, then they should have been passed all the relevant account numbers and associated paperwork from Lloyds.

What is the debt they are chasing and are there any reclaimable default charges on the account.

Officially, they need to prove what the debt relates to , i.e what account number etc. If they can't provide you with that, then how are you to know what debt you are repaying .
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi!

I am not 100% certain but i believe the debt is for a loan and an overdraft that i had with lloyds, which over the years they have lumped together as one debt, which is one of the reasons i made the CCA request as i have been paying a monthly payment to BLS for a while now, this goes out under the reference number they supplied, which is also on all their letters to me, but according to Lloyds this is not a correct account number????

thanks
      Sarah

Comment

On the deed of assignment it should show the account number, if they own the debt they should have all the information, if they don't they can't collect on it and will either sell it on or pass it back to lloyds.

If they are past the 12 days and they say they don't know what it refers to then write back to BLS and tell them you will stop paying (and they should stop charging any interest/charges on it) whilst the account is disputed and in default of the cca, tell them once you know what the debt is for and have a copy of the original enforceable agreement you will recommence payments. I would also give them your old address to show willing as they may have the debt info under that. Send them a copy of lloyds letter too.

just my opinion mind.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

BLS are simply LTSB's in house monkeys so they already have access to all the required information.

Seems they are playing silly games with this one, but that's not really surprising.
          I assume your CCA request quoted the relevant sections and included the £1 fee..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X