• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Employment & Support Allowance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment & Support Allowance

I am in receipt of Incapacity and Disablement benefits and a small occupational pension. I have a mortgage but am not entitled to any Income Support, Council Tax benefit or help with mortgage interest etc. as the government deems that I have "sufficient to live on". I manage the mortgage but have no option but to to use credit cards to pay for the council tax , fuel bills and often food. I am unfit to work for others but need to earn some money and so want to work for myself. I already have a business advisor through a recognised charity that helps the disadvantaged become self-employed. Does anyone know if I would be eligible for the Employment & Support Allowance (ESA) without having to attend all those hideous DWP-run groups? It's just that ESA is a "qualifying benefit" which opens the door to other help. I've spent hours this evening trawling the internet but cannot find the answer. Many thanks to anyone who can help.
    zeitgit

Re: Employment & Support Allowance

I had a read and it looks as though this is the only reasons that you could get out of the full 13 week assessment.

Is there anybody who doesn't have to attend a Work Capability Assessment?

Some customers will not need to attend the full Work Capability Assessment, including individuals with a terminal illness and those we can identify as having limited capability for work or limited capability for work-related activity without the need for them to take part in the full assessment. We will work with the customer and their healthcare professionals to gather the necessary information about their health condition or disability to determine whether a full Work Capability Assessment is needed.
    Customers with a terminal illness will be fast-tracked into the Support Group of Employment and Support Allowance so that we can ensure they receive everything that they are entitled to as quickly as possible. They will not be required to participate in a work-focused health-related assessment or any other work-related activity.

I also found this leaflet, don't know if it's of any use to you, but it has info and details of organisations that help with self employment for people with disabilities.

http://www.adp.org.uk/downloads/Bein...20Employed.pdf

Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X