• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT BB and Vision cancellation problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT BB and Vision cancellation problem

Hi I'd welcome any advice to a problem I have with BT,
    After contacting BT home movers to move my 3 services, landline, Broadband and Vision to my new home, I was given the dates of activation by the customer service guy placing the move order, my telephone line went on successfully as stated on the 27th May and awaited my Broadband due to activate on the 2nd June by Midnight at the latest, I waited until midnight and it was not activated, so in the morning when it was still not activated I called...
    To cut a long story short, after 8 phone calls to who knows how many different departments I was told that there was NO order placed for Broadband, By this time I was steaming angry and told them I had placed the order all on the same day to move everything over to the new address, they then admitted that the customer service guy had not added a number to the order and so it had cancelled it out and that it would be a further 7-10 days of no broadband and BT vision while they RE_placed the order for Broadband, I was so angry at this stage that I told them to cancel my B/B and vision, which they agreed to do if I paid my way out of the 2 contracts for the services, I informed them that I would not be penalised for their mistake but they stood firm in this and when I asked if they would put it in writing that it was indeed their fault that the order was cancelled they firmly declined, even though the lady admitted it was they technical error, I now refuse to use BT and have arranged for Orange to supply me out of principle, Do I have a case to get out of this due to their errors???
    Thriftkitten....
    Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Re: BT BB and Vision cancellation problem

You should write to them and not try to deal with this on the telephone.

When did you place the order for these services?

BT's T&Cs state that you may cancel subject to certain terms. Look here BT.com | Personal | Terms Conditions Section 13

Comment

Re: BT BB and Vision cancellation problem

I received a letter from BT this morning stating that my account was now closed and that a refund for £67.33 was on it's way to me and that I was able to keep vision box and brand new broadband box as a gesture of good will.... Wow that was the easiest claim I have ever made, good news all round.
      Thriftkitten....
      Found roaming around in the dark, worried and stressed, guided to success with helpful hands by LB VIP members.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X