• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Three Debts On One Claim Form-is This Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot claim about to be stayed

Hi, this is largely directed at PT 2537 who kindly drafted me a witness statement and draft order for a N244 Application a few weeks back. You will recall I was a little hesitant as whether to file it at that stage, however, I agreed it was the best course of action, there was some delay sending it off as I was waiting for a letter from the DWP to support my exemption application, it was then returned because of an error and the fact the exemption form I had downloaded was now outdated, resubmitted it, then it was returned again because the DWP letter was not signed and had to wait for another.

In the meantime two things have happened, one, Cabot responded to my Subject Access Request with a bulky set of papers, for the three credit card accounts, which I had to go through before I resubmitted the N244 in case they had provided the documents we were requesting, there was nothing of any significance for Monument apart from a printed paper advising Kingshill No.1 Ltd had bought that debt (not Cabot Financial (UK) and an application form, nothing at all for Citi Financial, however, there was a two page signed agreement for Cahoot (mostly illegible) the prescribed terms are not on the signature document, it was for the first credit card, and says APR is based on a limit of £100 (not £8000) there is nothing to justify or explain all the charges Cabot have added, no default notices, and all the Cahoot statements are more their coded records, not customer statements.

I phoned the court today for advice, they said Cabot’s deadline for responding to my defence was 2nd July and they would now have to make an application to continue the action and explain the delays. I asked if I would have to re-date my N244 they returned with all the papers? She said the fact they have not responded to your defence means there is no need for an N244, she said they are usually used to have a judgement set aside, and in this case there is no judgement against you, and the judge will stay it in 14 days from 2nd . What’s your take on this now, do I go ahead and file the N244 as it stands giving them a further 21 days to comply, or let sleeping dogs lie?

All opinions appreciated

Kind regards

Bernie

Comment

Re: Three Debts On One Claim Form-is This Legal

[quote=pt2537;116222]Locus standi means standing, an interest in a matter, it is a requirement for such claims as Judicial Review,contract claims etc, you need ot have an interest in the matter
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Ok, Steven Turner is counsel i use, he only takes instructions via a solicitor though. he is based in Parklane Plowden chambers and he did the famous Dimond and Lovell case in the House of Lords

The statement of truth is defective because

A) it is not signed by the person
      B) because it purports to be from Cabot but underneath it purports to be their solicitors

Hello
      Could someone advise me on the following problem.
      As a litigant in person I have received a Particulars of Claim from Cabot which has numerous errors in it, for example the statement of truth has not even been signed.
      I have pointed out all these errors in my amended defence that the judge ordered at the allocation hearing.
      When I serve my amended defence of the Claimant, surely he will just amend his statement of case, so that when it gets to court there wont be any errors in it - I will have shown him where it was wrong, and he can simply put it right.
      That does not seem quite right to me.
      Is that what happens?

Thanks for any advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X