• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

First Right of Appropriation - stop the bank taking your money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Right of Appropriation - stop the bank taking your money

It was prior as the rent is due 3rd/4th of month and I usually paid on the 28th of the month previous.
    I saw that if it had gone out on that day, we would have become OD but I saw that we had benefits coming in slightly after the 28th and I decided to cancel the DD and to pay it by the 'faster payment' method after the benefit was paid in.

To stop any more chances of becoming OD, I have cancelled quite a lot of DD's and now pay them myself via the faster payment method online, which gives me more control of the account.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
      It was prior as the rent is due 3rd/4th of month and I usually paid on the 28th of the month previous.
      I saw that if it had gone out on that day, we would have become OD but I saw that we had benefits coming in slightly after the 28th and I decided to cancel the DD and to pay it by the 'faster payment' method after the benefit was paid in.

To stop any more chances of becoming OD, I have cancelled quite a lot of DD's and now pay them myself via the faster payment method online, which gives me more control of the account.
      When were the charges incurred cos I am lost myself. We started with First Right of Appropriation, then moved onto Social Security Administration Act 1992 which are irrelevant to bank charges and now we are kinda on Payment Services Directive, BCOBS and the Lending Code.

I may be confusing myself here as well
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Well, it looks like I'm throwing 'em all at Satan then lol.
        I would have incurred the charge for the bounced DD for rent middle of last year.

Comment

Well, it looks like I'm throwing 'em all at Satan then lol.
          I would have incurred the charge for the bounced DD for rent middle of last year.
          Did you incur the charge? If you would have incurred the charge and did incur the charge and continued with other charges did that put you behind on priority debts? If yes then how long did it take you to get back up straight(that would be the period of financial hardship).

Comment

For the rent? no as I managed to tweak finances.
            Othter times when they took quite chunk of out money, we only really struggled for 2 - 4 weeks until the next benefit payment was paid in.

Comment

For the rent? no as I managed to tweak finances.
              Othter times when they took quite chunk of out money, we only really struggled for 2 - 4 weeks until the next benefit payment was paid in.
              So then it was a short term issue. Unfortunately, from the details given above, there is no financial hardship issue and the only issue I see is that perhaps the bank might have been a bit more sympathetic towards you rather than rattling off bank policy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X