• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

mbna/virgin card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mbna/virgin card

hi there
    i have sent the sar letter and i also phoned to discover that the account has gone to default-any advice please?
    thanks

Comment

Just an update on this-A CCJ was obtained on this 14/09/2009. Monies have been paid through a debt management company until December 2014. This has now disappeared from all credit reference agencies reports. I presume the debt is still enforceable? I was going to ask Hoist Portfolio who are the current owners to provide a copy of the original agreement to see if it still exists-is it worth doing or do I just continue with payments? The original debt was just over 9K

Comment

Unfortunately the CCJ supercedes the original agreement, and there is no obligation for anyone to produce it.
        More important I think is to find out how much you have paid an how much is alleged to be outstanding.
        5 1/2 years of payments must have mad some impact on the balance unless you were on " paid for DMP?

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem-there is still £8.800 owing. The dmp did not make much of a dent! Looks like I will have to keep paying this for the moment. I presume the six years keep rolling from each payment date?

Comment

At the moment I agree!
            How much were you paying into the DMP and what was being applied to the debt?

nem

Comment

I have dug out the proper figures-total still owing is £8549.33 and was £8946.00 at the start of the DMP. Payments of £11.89 were being made by DMP. The total amount I was paying to the DMP was £120 per month-to service a total debt of £34k

Comment

No wonder there has been little impact on the balance!
                Are all the other debts in a similar situation.

nem

Comment

Yes they are although this is the largest. They are a combination of both mine and my wifes. I have settled an IR bill for £951-had to pay in full. I settled another for £1101 for £280. I am trying to make headway through them -seeing who I do and do not have to pay. If some of them have unenforceable agreements then obviously I won't pay. The others I will try to pick off over the next few years. The guy who ran the DMP was a great chap-disliked them as much as us and his motto was to pay as little as possible long term so they would settle for a small figure later on. Mc

Comment

Just to let you know, I was on the PCN before it got hacked and managed to fend off Barclays for £6k and Citi for £4k. They have never been back for years and although I haven't checked the dates I am sure both are SB. Neither of them could produce a copy agreement so obviously could not get me to court-hence my interest in non enforceable agreements! Mc

Comment

:thumb:
                      Originally posted by McGinty View Post
                      Just to let you know, I was on the PCN before it got hacked and managed to fend off Barclays for £6k and Citi for £4k. They have never been back for years and although I haven't checked the dates I am sure both are SB. Neither of them could produce a copy agreement so obviously could not get me to court-hence my interest in non enforceable agreements! Mc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X