• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cheshirelad v SPML ( set aside hearing 6th Nov )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheshirelad v SPML ( set aside hearing 6th Nov )

Just back from court. That didn't go well! in fact just confirmed my lack of faith in the system.

They sent a £700 an hour barsister along, well tooled up with all his legal books. the Judge said he could have a turn then me then the judge would sum up

I thought it was going ok, till the judge interjected regarding the faxed defence that didn't reach the court and sumerized that maybe it did. then it seemed to turn and I almost got the feeling the disicion to set aside had been made.

When he turned to me and said now I have read your WS, is there anything you would like to add. And although I went though it, it didn't appear to matter.

He basically said the defendant was obviously submitting a defence, they had applied to set aside in good time and their defence had a real prospect of success

The real shock was when he awarded costs against me on the basis it was my fault I had put the defendant to the expense of having to set aside the judgement and only after pleading I was not at any fault with court process had I could'nt pay he discided not to award them, phew!

So pretty hacked off now, were's the bottle!

Cheshirelad

Comment

really sorry to hear that - like you say when they send in the big guns you know they mean business. Whats next???
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
        really sorry to hear that - like you say when they send in the big guns you know they mean business. Whats next???
        thanks scooby, dust myself down, take stock got to wait for a hearing date + fresh AQ's

I just get the feeling am on the back heel now. they come out of this stronger and almost now in control and I'm sure they will try for a fasttrack but we'll have to wait and see

Comment

I am really sorry to hear that CL.

These institutions have money to spend when it suits I am afraid.

How comes the Judge said they have a good defence - did he have a good read?

Whats the next step?

Tuttsi

Comment

Had the Set a side judgement though with a fresh AQ to complete (another £35 to pay)

If I decide to withdraw my claim (not feeling very positive, especially after the Judge said there was a good prospect of their defence succeeding) what do I do just write to the court?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshirelad View Post
              Had the Set a side judgement though with a fresh AQ to complete (another £35 to pay)

If I decide to withdraw my claim (not feeling very positive, especially after the Judge said there was a good prospect of their defence succeeding) what do I do just write to the court?
              Any thoughts or views?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X