• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MIKE770 v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIKE770 v Capital One

The different interest rates for balance transfers, purchases, cash withdrawals doesn't make a difference. The interest applied to the default charges will have been a set rate, it is much easier to leave the calculations to them and ask how they came to that figure. Get the money refunded first and then query any discrepancies you may think they have made.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Have copied with slight amendment Tools letter to Cap One, to include " adding also how you achieved the figures". i AM GOING TO TRY AND LOAD LETTER HERE mike having trouble loading file

Comment

Received reply from Ellie - she obviously has not digested the contents of the letter supplied by Tools with the additional comment asking how they work out their figures, , as she has used the usual template response which we see on this site, offering me the difference between £12.00 & £20 only amounting to 40 odd pounds with an attachment to say that I accept as gesture of good will, she will be lucky? at 8% it is 400+ and at 18% £800+ so it looks like I will have to forward the 18% letter then follow when she refuses LBA letter then all + 8% NI???? any comment Tools????? next step?

Comment

Have a good read again through here and go straight for the LBA as you suggested. I have updated the letters tonight so make sure you read again if you have already copied the template letters.

Make sure you stick to your timescales and that you DO complain to the OFT and FOS, no need to make that fancy just get across your point stating their own words.

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

???????
            Last edited by MIKE770; 25th July 2009, 22:15:PM. Reason: amendment

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              Does anyone know if the default interest at Capital One is 30%+ as a spreedy at 30% would equate to £1,553+ if used instead of 18% which equaled £869+ ????????
              /////////

Comment

Whats the purchase interest rate ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

18.820% As At 06/08

Comment

I've always used the purchase rate before.

have you read budgies capital one judgment and his thread theres quite a bit on cap ones interest rates.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Have read Budgie!s case - got me on the edge of my seat at times through reading it, well at the end the offer must of been to their advantage, so it seems on the evidence it would suggest I go for 18+ %, would you agree????????

I am proposing to ask for signatured copy of CCA as the SAR I received nothing other than charges and list of abbreviations, although the £10 SAR did spcificaly mention charges and microfilch-any advice before I go ahead?????
                      Last edited by MIKE770; 27th July 2009, 10:20:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

yes

As I recall bud went for top whack and reduced it down through negotiations, the final hearing where they settled just prior was to decide what rate to apply - although the judge indicated it could be applicable to use 8% compounded it wasn't judged upon and, Bud will correct me when he's back, I believe he received around the 18% mark. Purchase rate is the standard. however you can ask for the 31.4% cash rate (or whatever it is now) and negotiate down if you preffered to.

(march rates were 18.64% for purchases, 24.49% for cash withdrawals and 9.94% for balance transfers )

Re the SAR - yes thats pretty standard if you want the application form you need to ask for it and its much quicker to get it through the CCA rather than SAR.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

CCA through £1 judging by the responses on the site seem to be contravertial as they always seem to be copies un- signed, under the SAR must be original signed copy if I read it right Amey????????

Comment

yes but if they don't produce it under the SAr theres nothing you can do barr complaint to the IcO and get them to force Cap One to supply it, under the cca if they don't supply it within the specified time you can put the account into dispute until they do provide it, stop payments (though persoanlly unless you are in trouble paying them i wouldnt) and they can't enforce the debt against you. the other method is using the CPR pre action disclosure 31.14 but this only applies to cases pre court that would be on fast track. So a CCA is simply the easiest way to get it and if they don't comply in the time limits start negotiating a settlement...
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for that Amy, sorry to have troubled you. MIKE

Comment

Am about to post LBA to include my spreedee as under the original letter as per Tools the option was left to them to put a figure on the charges, which we know now Ellie completely ignores, and then offered just £xx as settlement, whereby at 18.20% equates to £9xx+ will also work on CCA request soonest.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X