• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MIKE770 v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIKE770 v Capital One

New thread for MIKE770 to keep a record of his claim
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Re: MIKE770 v Capital One

WAITING GAME mike

Comment

Now let me see.
      You'll get a nice letter back from Ellie saying that their charges are fair and that they don't agree with the OFT's findings, blah blah blah...

Comment

and then another one after the LBA saying they still don't agree, but here's a pathetic offer anyway if you'll just shut up and go away.....
        Is no longer here

Comment

Still awaiting for self & OH for list of charges from cap1

Comment

Are you still waiting on your SAR ? try a letter asking for everything they have charged in the meantime and send them a nudge on the 40 days as well with a reminder that you will report them to the information commissioner . They will tend to stretch it to the last minute but doesnt hurt to get intial complaint in to capital one with out a specific figure while you wait.

have a look at Tools' barclaycard thread. Tools v Barclaycard ( Overlimit / Late Payment Charges ) **Refunded In 9 Days** - Legal Beagles
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just received S.A.R. listing copies of statements & charges since 2001, also list of terms & abbrieviations (used terms relating to Memos list) + consumer WEBP11 what looks like possibly telephone records of some sort with miscellanious info? No copies of agreements just a interest rate of purchases and cash withdrawls and list late payment charges for 2008 of £12.00 . I have added charges at statuary 8% comes to £500+ I have also added on a seperate sheet interest at an average of 18%+ which comes to £800+, should I attempt to get back the true interest rate say 18%+, and when they will not pay up I then N1 Court form and add 8% statuary interest rate, some help & GUIDENCE WOULD BE APPRECIATED, my aim is to reduce the balance I owe them, as much as I can, also get copies of CCA if non inforceable, negotiate a settlement figure, I pay an agreed payment to them as I had a health problem last year and am able to only work part time, as the empoloyer refuses to let me back on full time, also I am suppose to retire later in the year.
              Last edited by MIKE770; 27th June 2009, 11:44:AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Hi Mike,

As Amethyst stated in her last post, try using the method I did with Barclaycard it has had some successes so far. I managed to get the balance cleared by way of refunding the charges plus interest which covered the outstanding balance give or take a few quid.

What is the outstanding balance on the card?
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Hi Tools, it is about £4750 or there abouts, so would not cover monies to clear, Mike

Comment

aww thats a shame what about with contractual interest? just a thought :S
                    i have cleared a few of my debts claiming charges back.its well worth it

Comment

Have taken the 18% as ocontractural interest, ? mike

Comment

I believe that Cap1's interest is more normally 30%+

Comment

lol that should bump it up a bit!!!

Comment

MIKE, as different rates applied to different items I went for the easier option of letting them calculate it and relied on them to be correct (yes too trusting I know), I used the following wording within my letter

I therefore insist that you refund to me, by way of cheque, the total amount of all charges incurred plus any interest accrued at the contractual rate thereon. I will not accept partial repayment nor will I accept that the Office of Fair Trading report of 05/04/06 deemed £12 to be an acceptable charge, as it clearly did not. I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive a refund in full which would return me to the position had these charges and interest thereon not been incurred.
                            In hindsight I should have also asked them to provide me with a detailed explanation of how they had arrived at the amount they did in the letter too, so maybe add something to your letter to include that.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                              Have taken the 18% as ocontractural interest, ? mike
                              is there anywhere here I could find out actual interest?// only the 18% was from old statement regarding purchase interest last year, only cash interest was a bit higher????????? Mike

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X