• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Voluntary Termination

Hi All

A seperate but linked question. In what way does a 'bill of sale' differ to a 'conditional sale agreement'?

I also have seen a couple of these recently and wondered if they are different?

Thanks
    Crispy

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for a while and used the template letter to VT my car in May. MB Finance have now wrote to me advising that I owe them £1200+ for damages to the vehicle. The damages are as follows
      - excess mileage charge - this I am happy to pay as I was over the mileage pro-rata
      - poorly refurbished alloys - I had all 4 alloys refurb'd due to kerb damage, the alloys were diamond cut but have been refurbished to a v good standard, however, are not diamond cut
      - poorly repaired front bumper - I had the front bumper repaired due to a scuff to the paintwork, admittedly the front bumper repair wasn't 100% perfect.

My concern is that the car went straight to auction and was sold, I dont believe these repairs have been carried out and as such I am paying for repairs that will never happen. I have advised MB of this and their reply was:

'In relation to providing evidence of the repair work carried out on the car, the fact that we choose to repair our cars before onward disposal is a remarketing decision and not a requirement to justify any charges we believe are payable by the customer. The agreement is worded accordingly and is also the reason why no VAT is applicable to any damage charges that we issue to the customer since the charge is classed as a compensation charge for not returning the car within the return standard as opposed to a charge for actual works carried out.'

Where do I stand with this? Can they charge me as compensation?

thanks
      Rich.

Comment

Hi I'm new to this so here goes I've voluntarily terminated my agreement 2 years into a 3 year plan sent a headed letter to the company recorded and signed for that was over 4 weeks now still no reply despite sending emails and requesting call back to no avail they have not collected the car so what should I do now ?

Comment

Someone please HELP...

So iv been lurking for a while.
          Decided to VT my car with the car finance company. Used your template and sent my letter decided delivery. They received it on 27th sept. Since that if had emails to sign there paper work. Iv point blank refused to sign but there saying they can't terminate without me signing even though they received my written notice. Now because I'm refusing to sign they are saying they will repossess the car if i don't carry on paying it sign the pack. Can they even do this after theyve received my letter to terminate???
          I was at 50% in Aug and they lady i spoke to said I cud terminate with no money outstanding. Why are they making it so hard?
          Someone please help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X