• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

warranty query!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty query!!!!!

I bought a new tv at the end of January for £450 and everything has been fine, until last when when suddenly it turned itself off and would not turn back on. What i am looking for is any advice as regards to repair/replacement of the item and what obligations the retailer has to me as a customer.
    As i said i bought it 4 months ago and wouldn't expect it to breakdown after such a short period i mean fair enough if it was a pair of shoes(perishable) but not a tv surely?????

any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

craig

Re: warranty query!!!!!

After only 4 months service I should request a replacement rather than a repair. Before commenting further have you spoken to the dealer? If not do so now but don't forget unless they agree to replace it I would not enter into any agreement until I had sort further advice

It's important that you sort this BEFORE 6 months have passed as once passed it places the onus on you to prove fault whereas BEFORE 6 months the onus to prove non-fault is on the dealer

Anyway I imagine that after all said & done there is a warranty - Remember for any warranty to be valid it can only be an extension of your legal rights (which at this point are extensive) & not an attempt to diminish them which is unlawful

Comment

Re: warranty query!!!!!

The 'Sale of goods act 1979' states.

In section 14 of the [1979 c. 54.] Sale of Goods Act 1979 (implied terms about quality or fitness) for subsection (2) there is substituted—
      “(2) Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.
      (2A) For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.
      (2B) For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—
      (a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,

Demand a new replacement.
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X