• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fine - Civil Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Fine - Civil Enforcement

Originally posted by PJ69 View Post
    Received yet another letter from Newlyns today.....remember, those who were passing it back to their client? lol

"NOTICE PRIOR TO COUNTY COURT PROCEEDINGS and like we care it's spelt LETTER BEFORE ACTION ...

You have failed to pay the above parking ticket, and this may now be registered in the County Court.

This action will allow Bailiffs to remove household effects and cars from your property, and may affect your credit rating. or not you ididots. You can only use bailiffs as and when there is a judgement AND it is defaulted !!

You have 14 days to pay, from the date of this letter" [letter dated 3/8/09] Non compliance with pre-action. deadline is for taking action NOT for when they hopefully expect payment

Because this letter has given me 14 days, does this correspond with what you said CB, or should they have put a specific date?......have they covered everything sufficiently enough to possibly take this further now??

PJ xXx
    ROFLMAO.
    That's gotta be the biggest steaming pile I have seen in a while

So how many threats is this now ?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post

So how many threats is this now ?!?!
      I've lost count! lol....I've had that many letters saying that its the final one, that I don't know if I'm coming or going! pmsl

Comment

They're desperate so it seems. Can't be hard up though all that postage etc.

Comment

WoW even Martin is getting in on this one now.
          This is well worth a read for EVERYONE: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
            WoW even Martin is getting in on this one now.
            This is well worth a read for EVERYONE: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...arking-tickets
            Yeah, I got the email yesterday and it made me feel even better still about things.

I've not heard anything else since my last post either, so maybe....just maybe....they'll sod off and leave me alone lol

Comment

Na, they'll send yet another FINAL letter

Comment

excellent
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hey, I recently received an exact copy of the parking contravention sheet through the post that you had received. Although the fault is more evident in my case as I had been in a rush for work and simply forgot to buy a ticket when i parked in the car park, where the car (registered to my mum) was parked for just over four hours. I have read links posted on this thread, and many other sites to try and find info about this Civil Enforcement Ltd. I havent had a parking ticket or anything along those lines before and am merely writing this because I am quite worried about the possible consequences if i dont just pay. Should I follow a similar course of action? Admittedly I rang the number on the sheet and entered my 'PCN number' which apparently doesnt exist according to the automated line. which puts me at even more of a loss, because it seems i couldnt pay even if i wanted to without sending a cheque!

Im sorry for ranting on with the same story as above, but for piece of mind could you tell me if im the same position where i should ignore the letters or should i contact them?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Private parking is private parking - they are no more entitled to your money than I am.

Comment

well, it's been 5 weeks, and not heard a sausage! Ya think they might be off my back now that they can see I'm so obviously not going to pay? I'm kind of missing their letters now, only bit of amusing post I get these days! lol

Comment

Now there's a shame.
                        Just goes to prove that these overt threats are baseless..

Comment

i have recently been done in the exact same car park as you and i just wondered if they had followed up and taken any action against you? the anount of the charge is something that i could pay quite easily now but i dont want to be stung with court costs mounting into the £100's. another point to add is that i think if it did go to court i would be in a very weak posistion as i didnt vist either kfc or blockbuster! i just parked there coz it was free and have been doing so for 10years without incident. i know your prob going to say just ignore it i just want some peace of mind. thanks in advance :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bigoatis View Post
                            i have recently been done in the exact same car park as you and i just wondered if they had followed up and taken any action against you? the anount of the charge is something that i could pay quite easily now but i dont want to be stung with court costs mounting into the £100's. another point to add is that i think if it did go to court i would be in a very weak posistion as i didnt vist either kfc or blockbuster! i just parked there coz it was free and have been doing so for 10years without incident. i know your prob going to say just ignore it i just want some peace of mind. thanks in advance :-)

Sorry Bigoatis, just seen this as I've not been around for a while.

I didn't use KFC or Blockbuster either - I was actually taking my son to the orthodontist. I completely ignored all letters and nothing ever happened, so if you haven't paid it - then don't!! They go away in the end.

Incidentally, I still use this car park now when I go to the orthodontists, because it's convenient.

PJ

Comment

hey, just discovered this thread. is it true then, that if I say get a parking fine from the customer car park at Focus DIY, it is unenforceable and I can ignore it? My Mrs got one about a year ago, came with photo of her car entering / leaving car park, date, times to the nearest second etc etc. she paid it as it was all official. are you saying the enxt one can be ignored? What parking fines are enforceable then, only local authority and police ones? can't private land owners like Focus sue for the fines?

Comment

Hey all,

Since we are on the subject... I went away on the weekend up to the lake district to visit my brother and newphews, great stuff!! Then got home latish on the sunday around 9-10pm, Knowing that I was off monday - Parking spaces where taken up on this street as only one side has parking, so i parked on the other side.
                                Come Monday morning I had a ticket on my car, I woke up at 9 to move it even on a day off knowing id have to move it, too late, already had a ticket apparently they had been at half past 8 in the morning to ticket me, (an donly left it 8mins to come back to put the ticket on!!!) Firstly i live here and people who don't just use the spaces anyway, - Also if you recall some of you i got clamped on the other side correct side of the orad last month, they hound my street becuase its easy prey and literally nowhere else to park - There is absolutley no way in anyway i am paying this - But should I appeal or should I ignore - Its dont through the council i believe so Derbsyhire county council etc the main issue here is its a monthly battle, its not just me either several residents are in the same boat and get tickets for lack of places doesn't seem to make any odds if you have a residancey pass either. I am willing to fight this and am tempted to tell them to take me straight to court tbh!!

Any advice would be brill
                                OPbC
                                ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X