• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fine - Civil Enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Fine - Civil Enforcement

ROFLMAO !!!

It's all Ball Hooks !!

Since when are LBA's a "reminder".

You only need a reminder for something that might actually happen ;_

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      Duds, you are worrying about nothing.
      I know I am....but I just needed to hear it from someone else!!! lol.....I think CB described it perfectly lol

xXx

Comment

Don't forget Curly offered to pay it if they carry out their threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
          Don't forget Curly offered to pay it if they carry out their threats.
          That is of course AFTER I RoShamBo them

Comment

I just got rid of a ticket with one letter, was all geared up for a battle too...lol

Comment

i've not even been in touch peeky, just ignored them completely.

Just out of interest [ok, me still being a tinsy wincy bit worried lol]....can bailiffs actually break into your property? I'm out at work most of the day, and I'm not daft enough [believe it or not lol] to actually let them in

Comment

Originally posted by PJ69 View Post
                Just out of interest [ok, me still being a tinsy wincy bit worried lol]....can bailiffs actually break into your property? I'm out at work most of the day, and I'm not daft enough [believe it or not lol] to actually let them in
                No, my little Doubting Thomas, they cannot break in.

This is a civil matter as opposed to a criminal matter and that is why they are threatening to sue you (which they won't). They'd have to file an N1 in the same manner we do when we want our charges back - N1, AQ, etc. and then instruct the bailiffs should judgment be in their favour.

If this was a real enforceable parking fine it would come under the jurisdiction of the magistrates court, it would be a criminal offence and technically speaking a bailiff can break into your property for this type of fine.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ69 View Post
                  ....can bailiffs actually break into your property?
                  Generally no, but in your case definitely not, since they won't be involved. First CEL would have to issue a court claim, then they would have to win the case, and only if you subsequently didn't pay would a bailiff finally arrive, who still wouldn't be able to legally break in

Comment

phewwww feel better now .....in that case then, they can go and whistle dixie out their arses! lol

Comment

Got a letter from Newlyn PLC today, with a great big 'DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER' written across the top......guess that means I 'must' have to pay it now! ;o) lol....and the total outstanding is now £225! Looks like they're adding charges on, and also looks like the 'Failure to pay the full amount within seven days of this Notice will result in us issuing an immediate County Court Summons against you', which CEL stated in their last letter is a load of crap too lol

'We have been instructed by Civil Enforcement to recover the above Parking Charge Notice which remains outstanding.

Do not ignore this letter. Further action may be taken at considerable cost to you if the debt is not cleared.

In order to clear this debt and avoid further action being taken you need to contact us on 01604 625130 as a matter of urgency with your propasals to clear this outstanding amount'.

Well my proposal is to tell em to shove it up their jacksies, but I'll keep quiet

Comment

So more threats with 7 days notice.

Hey ho..

Comment

Refer them to Arkell v. Pressdram (1971) [unreported]

http://www.nasw.org/users/nbauman/arkell.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                            Refer them to Arkell v. Pressdram (1971) [unreported]

http://www.nasw.org/users/nbauman/arkell.htm

Pmsl
                            Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                            Me VS Abbey Win
                            BIL HSBC Credit Card
                            BIL EGG
                            BIL HSBC Loan
                            BIL PPI Win

Comment

LMFAO Cet!!!

Comment

Just to keep you updated, I've received another letter from Newlyn PLC today [dated 14/7/09]. This one reads:

"We are disappointed to note that upon checking our records you have failed to contact our office and arrange payment of your outstanding debt.

We need to receive payment of the debt at this time.

We would like to provide you with the opportunity to pay the debt prior to proceedings being issued at the County Court. Failure to clear the amount in full may result in the debt being taken to court at considerable further cost to you.

To avoid this distressing course of action contact 01604 625130 IMMEDIATELY"

They've not actually mentioned County Court before, from what I remember, just that it would go to court and Bailiffs be involved. So, because they're not using the same scare tactics of Bailiffs, and informing me of the only thing they could possibly do [i.e. only go to county court], do ya think they could possibly go that way?

And before ya say it Amy, I'm not panicking, honest [more important things to worry about than this lol]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X