• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance

Hi All,
    Hope someone can please help me.

I took a loan out with Welcome Finance 2 years ago the loan is due to finish June but according to them I still owe just over £1,000.00, I have missed 5 payments in total to them and today called to clear this up and pay so I am up to date.

Previously I spoke to a lady who said once the charges are cleared they will talk about reducing the £10.00 charges from all the phone calls made to me, now they're saying I have to wait for my loan to end and we have to redraft a new loan?? not sure why this is.

Surely they can't expect me to pay then almost £800.00 in charges as most of these phone calls I do not believe was received by me, some was made when I wasn't' even in the country and I had called to say my payment will be late.

Please can someone advise me how to go about not paying these charges and getting them refunded.

Re: Welcome Finance

Hiya

Firstly I would suggest that you have a read of this link Legal Beagles and then send Welcome the Subject Access Request letter, that way when you have the information you will be able to see what's been charged when and how. Once you have all of that then give a shout again and we will go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessJenna View Post
      Hi All,
      Hope someone can please help me.

I took a loan out with Welcome Finance 2 years ago the loan is due to finish June but according to them I still owe just over £1,000.00, I have missed 5 payments in total to them and today called to clear this up and pay so I am up to date.
      What are the normal payments and if you have 2 months left add the normal payments x 7 and minus 1000. What is the amount(excluding the minus figure)
      Previously I spoke to a lady who said once the charges are cleared they will talk about reducing the £10.00 charges from all the phone calls made to me, now they're saying I have to wait for my loan to end and we have to redraft a new loan?? not sure why this is.
      What new loan? You don't want a new loan you want their charges back.
      Surely they can't expect me to pay then almost £800.00 in charges as most of these phone calls I do not believe was received by me, some was made when I wasn't' even in the country and I had called to say my payment will be late.
      £800 in charges, hmmmm,
      Please can someone advise me how to go about not paying these charges and getting them refunded.
      I would follow what sapphire has said and do not agree to any new lending with Welcome.

EDIT: and a warm welcome to the forum

Comment

Thanks both for your reply. I already have had a statement from them this is how I know about all the charges and when I was charged etc.

I have now paid them £243.55 to clear the missed payments so my account is now current and I only owe one more payment of £68.71 leaves almost £700.00 in charges, now are they correct in charging me extra interest on the missed amounts? Also they're saying they can only call 4 times, send 2 letters and 1 home visit within a month is this correct? If so surely where they've phoned me 9 times over 4 days they have to refund the other amounts?

Comment

I would think that they can only charge "reasonable" amounts. What I would do, personally, is wait till the last payment is paid, then send them a Prelim requesting repayment of all the charges. Then take it from there. Welcome are notorious, so don't expect it will be easy. No doubt someone will be along soon who can advise you further.

But also keep everything in writing, write to them stating you will not discuss matters by telephone and instruct them to put all communications in writing with immediate effect. Then you have a paper trail to back you up.

And welcome to Beagles!
          Is no longer here

Comment

Will they not charge me the ridiculous amount of £15.00 though everytime they need to send me a reply?

Comment

They should not be able to charge you for replying to correspondence, but they may well try it on. They should not charge at all once the account is in dispute though.

Anyone else any thoughts on this??
              Is no longer here

Comment

I am sure that even Welcome would not have the brass neck to charge you for replying to your letters.

Do as you have been advised above and come back and ask about anything that is unclear.

Comment

I sent them a letter asking for the charges to be cancelled, I had a phone call stating the charges will not be removed and they require immediate payment on the 8th June or I have to take out a new loan to cover the charges. I asked them to put in writing they said no??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X