• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jbw Group Ltd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbw Group Ltd.

Hi, I wonder if you can advise me, I was issued a fixed a penalty notice dated in july 2008 and I did not know that I was issued this till August 2008.

I appealed this on line and didn't hear anything till the 3rd of April 2009 when a bailiff from JBW turned up on my door step at 7 am demanding £460 and insisted that I pay or he will not leave, so I was forced to pay him a post dated cheque. ( which I put a stop on )

I got advise from a friend and went to a magistrates court and signed a statutory decleration, a copy of which I sent to JBW and Transport for London with a letter explaining that I was not isuued with a warrant or recieved any letters from JBW saying I owed this money, this morning I got a letter from JBW still demanding the money.

Please help if you can.

Shakil.

Re: Jbw Group Ltd.

What did you receive the FPN for?

Comment

Hi Amy,

sorry about that the FPN was entering a box junction, but I was not blocking the junction and the traffic was moving, untill someone stalled the car.

Comment

Hi,

I have sent a letter to Transport for London and the enforcement office in EC3 AND IN E17 and have not received any reply.

Shakil.

Comment

Have you asked for any evidence of your alleged offence?

Are you sure this a FPN rather than a PCN?

Comment

Hi,

yes they sent me a photo which shows me on the edge of the box.

Shakil.

Comment

There is a 6 month limit on issuing FPNs.

However, in the link you will find a letter to send to the bailiffs in order for you to ascertain how they have reached a figure of £460.

Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

Comment

Originally posted by SHAKIL View Post
                Hi,

yes they sent me a photo which shows me on the edge of the box.

Shakil.

Its a shame you didnt get the initial ticket, as this is an easy ticket to defend.
                As a photo only proves you was in the box, and the violation can only be truely recorded on film, as 'stopping' isnt the offence but 'entering when your exit is blocked' is.

But hindsight is a great thing.

Comment

Be prepared for the possibility that you will be sued for the value of the cheque. You will have a defence, but I would expect JBW to try it anyway.

If they do, come back and we can advise further.

Comment

Hi,

Apologies for not replying sooner I was away, I got a letter in the post from JBW saying they will stiil be chasing me and every time they write or call I will be charged.

I sent them a letter last week saying that a Stat Decleration letter is a leagly binding document.

this morning I got a letter from Transport For London saying that they sent me a charge Certificate and a unpaid penalty Charge Certificate.
                    Well I did not recieve these, hence me going to a Magistrates Court and making a statutory Decleration.

I will appreciate any further assistance regards this.

Thanks Shakil.
                    Last edited by SHAKIL; 8th May 2009, 14:36:PM.

Comment

Hi,

I have written to JBW.
                      in order for me to ascertain how they have reached a figure of £460. But n/reply.

shakil.

Comment

Hi,

I have not had any feed back from anyone?

This morning I got a letter from JBW on bright RED PAPER in blod black writing IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED.

and it says, As you know the Enforcement Department of JBW Group has been instruced to attend your property and remove your goods. A bailiff has already visited you at least once, and the cost of this was added to the amount you owe, but still you have not paid.

To avoid further enforcment action by the bailiff, and having the cost of this added to what you already owe, you need to pay the outstanding amount without delay.

We cannot say how much would be added to the amount you owe if a bailiff visists again. That will depend on whether the bailff levies on your goods or has to arrange for them to be removed. But you can avoid any increase to what you owe by paying straight away.

Id you do not know how much you owe or if you do not think you owe the debt please telephone us without delay on 0844 576 3620.

You can pay the oustanding amount immediately by calling us with your debit or credit card details. This would at once halt all further enforcement action by the bailiff.

they still have not replied to my previous letters regardimg the Statutory Decleration.

Please can you tell me what I should do?:cry:

Comment

Hi,

I have not had any feed back from anyone?

This morning I got a letter from JBW on bright RED PAPER in blod black writing IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED.

and it says, As you know the Enforcement Department of JBW Group has been instruced to attend your property and remove your goods. A bailiff has already visited you at least once, and the cost of this was added to the amount you owe, but still you have no paid.

To avoid further enforcment action by the bailiff, and having the cost of this added to what you already owe, you need to pay the outstanding amount without delay.

We cannot say how much would be added to the amount you owe if a bailiff visists again. That will depend on whether the bailff levies on your goods or has to arrange for them to be removed. But you can avoid any increase to what you owe by paying straight away.

Id you do not know how much you owe or if you do not think you owe the debt please telephone us without delay on 0844 576 3620.

You can pay the oustanding amount immediately by calling us with your debit or credit card details. This would at once halt all further enforcement action by the bailiff.

they still have not replied to my previous letters regardimg my Statutory Decleration.

Shakil

Comment

On what grounds did you file your Statutory Declaration? Did you file an "out of time" Statutory Declaration?

Was it correctly filed?

Comment

Hi,

yes it was an "out of time" Statutory Declaration and I am sure it was correctly filed.

I got a call from JBW this morning demanding the money. I spoke to a Mr. Hayden and explained that I was still waiting for Transport for London to reply back to me and he told me that they will put the account on hold till then.

Shakil.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X