• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HFC issued court proceedings - Restons Collection Charge removed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HFC issued court proceedings - Restons Collection Charge removed

Pretty please can we move this out of VIP to help other people ? ( or shall I write up a public summary for it ?)

Restons get away with that collection charge FAR too often and have proven time and time again that if challenged they drop it like a hot potato.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Extremely well done, top marks for those that helped you and for you being able to stand up to them.

Tuttsi xx

Comment

Yes i asked for clarification on charges and interest and the judge said that as as it was a consumer credit agreement (or somethign like that anyhow - i was so relieved at that point i wasn't taking everything in) no further interest or charges can be added, so everything is frozen.

I won't be messing about with the payments - no way am i giving restons any hope of dragging me back into court!!!!

If it will help others then yes, move it out of the VIP thread, as it would be nice to give something back to the site and perhaps give others confidence when going against these bully boys

Must admit when i got back to the car i shed a few tears, mainly of relief!!!

Judge was very nice and it was nothign to be scared of. To give credit to the other side they were very nice. She was forceful for what she wanted but wasn't unpleasant or nasty with it.
        Last edited by fuzzybrain; 3rd November 2009, 18:24:PM.

Comment

Brilliant Am so pleased for you. I know you didnt want the CCJ but I think thats much better than the charging order isnt it.

Have done a quick summary in announcements - Restons back down on £3.5k Collection Charge - AGAIN ! - Legal Beagles - let me know if I got anything major wrong.

Thanks for allowing the thread to be made public, will really help others
          Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd November 2009, 18:11:PM.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well done Jen .... brave effort and great outcome. Well worth it!

All the best
            Jax

Comment

That looks pefect - just one thing that might be worth bearing in mind tho is that restons had not credited ANY payments made to the account from payplan, so if i hadn't of checked the amount claimed against payments made, then they would have had over £800 worth of payments extra. i would advise anyone to double check the amount being claimed, just to make sure there aren't any "accounting issues"

Comment

Hi there,

I had a collection charge of £999 levied by Restons as well as a Charging Order made against the house but paid the outstanding balance (along with the collection charge) in January 2009. Is there anyway to reclaim this collection charge????

Can anybody give any advice???

Cheers

Comment

For reference - possibly reclaiming as many people paid these collection charges before any court judgment etc - anything added to a case which went to judgment would have to be a court application to reopen the case....tricky.
                  Attached Files
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi - you can get the charges back or credited to account after judgment, don't need to go to court - i have done it for a few people. They got cheques!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X