• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clear Debt Solutions Director prosecuted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Debt Solutions Director prosecuted

News - Credit Today = Source

Debt recovery director prosecuted - 17/04/2009

The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined the director of a debt recovery firm more than £6,000 for bombarding individuals and businesses with unwanted faxes.

The prosecution was successfully launched against Robert Logan, director of Preston-based Clear Debt Solutions (CDS), after more than 500 complaints from individuals and businesses flooded into the ICO and the Fax Preference Service (FPS).

Logan pleaded guilty to 13 offences relating to breaches of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. He has been fined £400 per charge plus costs and must now pay a total of £6,274.53.

In September 2007 the ICO issued CDS with an enforcement notice ordering the company to stop sending unwanted faxes to individuals and companies who were registered with the FPS, a list of telephone numbers where the subscribers have registered an objection to receiving unsolicited faxes, or who had not given consent to receiving such faxes.

Despite the enforcement notice, and Logan being questioned under caution, the ICO and the FPS continued to receive complaints about unsolicited faxes, receiving a further 822 since October 2007.

Mick Gorrill, assistant commissioner at the ICO, said: "Unsolicited marketing faxes can be just as irritating and intrusive as unwanted marketing phone calls.

"This practice is unacceptable and our action against Mr Logan sends out a strong signal to any unscrupulous businesses that flout the rules – we will prosecute for systemic non-compliance with the Data Protection Act."
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Clear Debt Solutions Director prosecuted

I think I will direct my complaint with Centro Client Reveiw .....to this Mick Gorrill, assistant commissioner at the ICO, as he said: "Unsolicited marketing faxes can be just as irritating and intrusive as unwanted marketing phone calls abd I had an unwanted marketing call - which was very intimidating as well.

Comment

They are the gits that kept faxing me.....think I talked to Curly about it one night spam faxs about debt collecting.
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

There is a Fax preference service. When I worked in one of the branches we kept getting crap and the usual SPAM faxes. After registering it was sorted out.

Comment

Am registered on TPS and FPS but didnt stop them faxing me a zillion times.

Got 4 of them last week

Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
          Me VS Abbey Win
          BIL HSBC Credit Card
          BIL EGG
          BIL HSBC Loan
          BIL PPI Win

Comment

We are also registered on TPS and FPS and we also get loads of faxes from this shower and others too. I've lost count of the amount of them we get, Kingsbridge is a regular offender, and god knows how many coffee machines, water machines, car leasing companies as well.

Comment

No idea if this is interesting or not but Eurodebt have (nov 2008) registered as Clear Debt Solutions (UK) Ltd and applied for a consumer credit licence.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X