• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Thomas Cook - Water park closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Cook - Water park closed

I have booked a holiday with TC and we are due to go in 3 weeks.
    One of the reasons we chose the holiday was because of a water park advertised by TC in the brochure. We paid for passes to the water park as part of the holiday package.

Yesterday TC sent us a letter saying that they have made a mistake in their advertising and the water park does not open until the day we leave.
    I am not happy as the kids have been looking forward to the water park and we have spent money of swimming costumes etc.

What is the best I can expect from TC? I would like them to move the holiday back one week so that we can go to the water park. This would make the holiday in peak season but is that my problem?

Or should we be happy with a refund on the water park passes alone? Though in my opinion this is not enough as if given the correct info from the start we may not have booked this holiday at all.

Is this a case of false advertising perhaps?

Any advice welcome, thanks!

Re: Thomas Cook - Water park closed

Hiya Batman and welcome to the site,

Do you particularly want to go to this destination ? If not then why don't you explain why you booked it, ie the Water Park for the kids etc and ask if due to it being their mistake then could you go to another destination with a Water Park nearby.
    If thats not an option then yes ask to go a week later and tell Thomas Cook that again as its 'their' mistake then they should forfeit any extra cost.
    Personally I would also re-iterrate to them that 3 weeks is extremely short notice and as such you need to get this sorted as soon as possible.
    I would also keep reminding them that its 'their' mistake and no way should you bear any costs.
    I'm not sure about the false advertising aspect but I'm sure someone else will pop along with ideas on that.

Now I am being nosey, where is it you are hoping to go to ?

Comment

Hi, it's Porta Ventura. There is a water park but also a theme park and I'm pretty sure there is nowhere else that has both (apart form disney etc!).
      Thanks for the quick reply though. We have already phoned them and they say it is the fault of the water park (not owned or run by TC) but I say that they printed the info and it's up to them to know what they print is correct.
      They also told us that moving the holiday into peak season is not possible, though giving no reason other than cost.

We will keep going and keep in mind what you said about it being their mistake and not accepting extra costs!

thanks again.

Comment

Is this the Portaventura you are referring to PortAventura - PortAventura if it is then its open from 27th March 2009 till 6th Jan 2010.

Or is there another place by that name?

I'd also check Thomas Cooks terms and conditions hun.

Just checked, your right the Aqua Park opens 23rd May 2009 - 13th Sept 2009.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X