• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help?

I paid for a course from a company. I now wish to take a further course but am now being told that I have to take the course through the same company. I have found similar courses which are cheaper. Is it legal for this company to insist that I take the course through them?

Thanks,

Clare
    Tags: help, legal

Re: Help

Are you saying the company that you work for is telling you to use a certain company for a course
    or
    are you saying the company that runs courses is telling you that you have use them.

Can you clarify some more please
    what course is it
    waht company is it
    etc

PKea

Comment

Hi,

It is a company that runs courses telling me I have to use them. They are saying that I cannot be in competition with them and sell products they sell unless I take the training course through them. Basically, I took a course in order to be able to produce and sell a certain product. I now want to take a course in another product they produce (jewellery) but there are several other companies which produce this product and they provide similar training courses at a cheaper price. I hope this makes sense - I don't really want to name the company.

Regards,

Clare

Comment

Originally posted by claret1975 View Post
        I now want to take a course in another product they produce (jewellery) but there are several other companies which produce this product and they provide similar training courses at a cheaper price.
        So if another company makes the same product and does training on it, I cant see the problem.
        Or are you intending to take the other training course to sell the original product.

I know some companies will only give you the license to sell their product if you have been trained by them, but if different company produce the same product i cannot see they can use this.

Its a bit hard to advise properly without info, so am having to guess really.

If you want to keep company info private, ans off the public forum feel free to PM em or another of the team the info and we will not disclose it.

PKea

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X