• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Microheaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microheaven

Hi, would appreciate some advice. My boyfriend bought as a present for his daughter a computer graphic design tool called a Tablet from a website on March 30th, and has since discovered via a thread on This Is Money that the company are scammers. They always claim the products they sell have been lost in the post. People have a hard time getting their money back and I'm not sure I believe one post which comes from the MD. What do we do next; wait 30 days and then threaten Court Action? If so, is there a Letter Before Action that is suitable?

It's £35 plus postage which we can ill afford to lose, and Emily is disappointed.

Re: Microheaven

What is their quoted delivery date for the product?
    How did you pay for the product? credit card, debit card etc?
    Until they have breached the contract, theres not much you can do.
    You cant pre-empt that they wont deliver and issue proceedings

Comment

Thanks, no we won't pre-empt, just want to be prepared. The order was placed on 30th March, paid for by debit card. Delivery is supposed to be in 1-5 working days so we should have had the product by Monday April 6th. We became suspicious because noone ever answers the phone, and then we found the complaints thread.

Prepared to bide our time and not panting to take legal action!

Comment

The majority of banks in the UK issue VISA debit cards. They have a chargeback scheme which protects you if the goods you buy do not arrive or are damaged. Therefore, unless its an HSBC (including First Direct) or the Royal Bank of Scotland (including NatWest) issue Maestro (formerly Switch) you may be able to recover your money by invoking the VISA chargeback scheme.

There is no maximum or minimum limit on VISA chargeback claims. However, if the goods do not arrive and you wish to apply to the scheme then you must make a claim within 120 days of the transaction being made.

If they claim to deliver within 1-5 days then give them until the end of next week and then (provided you paid with a VISA debit card) call your card issuer and request a chargeback form.

Comment

That's interesting! My boyfriend is with Lloyds TSB. He did say he was going to phone them but I don't think they went into this much detail. I agree, we will give them to the end of next week, don't want to be unreasonable, and then contact Lloyds again. Really helpful, thank you so much.

By the way, I am with HSBC and have a Maestro card, and have just had a letter saying they are switching to Visa. Wonder if this means they will now do chargeback; will ask them. Have a lovely Easter!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X