• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Credit searches by the bank made my credit record go down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit searches by the bank made my credit record go down.

This is on behalf of my decorators daughter. She applied for a job with a bank and they had said she would get the job on completion of some credit checks. She is 17 and never held a credit card or had any debts. The bank did 6 credit checks which came back with nothing, because these checks have a ten point deduction each time one is done her final credit score was -60 and the bank refused her the job because of bad credit history, when in reality she had no credit history until they did the checks. Now the questions,

Does the bank have grounds to refuse the once offered job because of the checks they did brought her credit rating into negative figures?

Does the bank have any obligation to remove these negative pointers from her credit history?

Thanks.
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Credit searches by the bank made my credit record go down.

Why are they credit checking someone under the age of 18 who cannot have any enforceable debts under English law?

Comment

from a credit check site (which charges a fee so wont post link)
      Originally posted by checkmyfile
      Employers are only able to view your public credit report – which is basically a combination of your Electoral Roll status and a search of the insolvency and judgment registers. Employers are not permitted to see your payment history, as the small print in credit applications does not contain a clause that gives your consent for your data to be used for this purpose. Only the 200 or so largest lenders are able to see that part of the information stored about you at the credit reference agencies.
      But

It is a legal requirement that anyone wishing to work in financial services is credit checked as part of the recruitment proces
      Not much help, but re credit scores Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks guys, I have told her to register on here and see what advice she can get.
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

I had the same thing a few years ago, I was offered a job with FDR Credit Card collections company, which was withdrawn when they did a credit check, they said it might cause a conflict of interests.

Comment

When I joined the Police, part of the process was a credit check, you even had to fill out a form declaring all your debts etc.

Obviously if you're up to your eyeballs in debt, you're more suceptable to take bribes etc, in their eyes

Comment

sorry guys, but many moons ago, we all discussed the fact that the only items that could be used against a person for credit puposes, was those either put against them by a judge I.e a CCJ, bankruptcy or IVA, unless agreed in a contract agreed under the CCA.
              Is a Job Apllication covered under the CCA, I think not, is this a clear breach of the DPA, or a breach of the defemation act?
              And as Nattie stated, the applicant was a minor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X