• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I don't want to pay OD fees to LLOYDS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to pay OD fees to LLOYDS

Hello everybody, any help in this topic will be appreciated:

I have been charged OD fees by Lloyds TSB in different opportunities, but recently I realise that I have been paying this by direct discounts. I am international student and receive money transfer every month and some time the bank has applied those charges. After a trip to my country in Christmas, my account arrived to an OD of 4 pounds, making me entitle to pay of 150 in OD fees. My decision to this was to stop putting my money in this account, I went to the bank and they told me that I have to pay, I refuse to pay this at all sense, my question is: What kind of legal action can the bank do against me, should I pay this? Can I just leaved like that, refuse to pay and don't use the account any more?
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Roberto29; 4th April 2009, 20:55:PM.

Re: I don't want to pay OD fees to LLOYDS

What you need to do is send a letter to your bank asking for a refund of all the charges and putting your account into dispute. This should put a halt on them claiming for repayment against you through Debt collection agencies and court.

I will get links to the letters you can use for you.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: I don't want to pay OD fees to LLOYDS

Legal Beagles is the letter asking for a refund

you want to add this paragraph into the letter and amend it slightly to suit your circumstances

I would like to make you aware of The Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states: putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive This includes: Ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute. Any action you may take against me to enforce this debt will be contested
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X