• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card ***SETTLED***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TonyB - v - Natwest Credit Card

I would go with the letter Wendy, may be taken into consideration and certainly easier than trying to lift a stay once it has been granted.

If it doesn't work then at least you tried, if it does work then it also highlights their underhand tactics or incompetence depending on how you look at it!!!

Comment

I used this one http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1989

Comment

Am faxing it to the Court along with a copy of Cobblers letter, even as we speak. Have checked with Court who say this is perfectly acceptable and the woman I spoke to agreed that they're being very naughty trying to confuse the issue with OFt case, and says she thinks the DJ's there have more sense than to fall for it! I do hope so!
        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks Amy, thats what I used but changed it slightly as the stay hasn't actually been granted yet, as far as I know. I tried to make it a "request not to grant a stay in the first place letter."
          Is no longer here

Comment

Had a bit of a fight with the fax machine but have rung the Court and confirmed they've received it. Can only wait and hope for the best now. I have to say what a lovely bunch of people they are at Walsall County Court, really helpful.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Well that should cheer you up a fair bit Wendy, knowing that at least the clerks are on your side and have more or less confirmed that th judges in fact do accept whats going on.
              I know it's still not over, but at least when things like this happen it restores our trust in the system, something that has been disappearing more every day. Keep your pecker up and good luck Enaid xx

Comment

After sitting here fuming for a while decided to phone Cobblers. Gave the ref number, explained its a credit card claim, got passed onto "the lady who deals with credit card claims" who told me its a mistake and a stay shouldn't have been applied for! Well I already knew that, far be it from ahumble mortal to know what the OFT case covers better than the banks solicitors do She couldn't really tell me much cos its not my claim, but told me that if OH rings her to give her authorisation to talk to me she'll let me know whats happening if I ring back later. OH is on the case (god help us all), so I'll update you all later.
                Is no longer here

Comment

msl:msl:msl:
                  Just get his permission to talk for him lol

Comment

Well blow me down with a feather:roll:Just spoken to the lovely Cobblers person, who I must say was very nice. She said they'd had a call from the Court this morning, asking if they were sure they wanted a stay put on this case (in view of my letter to them objecting to the stay). Cobblers have told the court that no, they don't actually want a staymsl:. So it will now proceed to trial she says. Oh yeah and are you actually going to go to trial? I asked. to which she replied "Definitely". When I'd stopped laughing I asked if we couldn't just cut to the chase and them make an offer. She says they'll definitely be making an offer, within the next week, and I can ring her up and discuss it when it arrives.
                    I think this might be a (partial) result:carrot:not counting any chickens yet though.

But I might change my mood thingy......
                    Last edited by WendyB; 19th October 2007, 11:32:AM. Reason: spelling and capitals and stuff
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Magic Wendy lol,
                      Like you say you do need it in writing, but my goodness just shows you.
                      Lets hope more people follow your example and have a go at your court. It's just a shame all the courts are not on the same wave length or indeed planet at times.

Comment

Ooh I've always wanted to be an example - up to now I've always been a bad one lolmsl:
                        Is no longer here

Comment

I'm just an egg pmsl

Comment

Scrambled???? pmsl. I don't like fried or boiled
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Wendy that must be the quickest stay application/lift application/application denied/offer made situation in the history of bank charge claims!!!

I went out for breakfast and they were applying for a stay, came back and they were making you an offer!!!! would you like to deal with the rest of mine for me???

Comment

Well I'm a bit gobsmacked myself to be honest Jan. I think really its all down to my local Court being on the ball and helpful, plus the fact that the boss is out so i could get on with the important stuff without having to worry about boring stuff like invoicing/breakdowns/service reports and other related crap that i get paid to (allegedly) do. And Natwest ****ed me off, and I'm not nice when I'm ****ed off.....
                                And i don't think you need any help from me, you're doing fine as you are mate:okay:
                                Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X