• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JSA mix up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSA mix up

I will try and keep this short.
    I was h/wife doing odd bits of work here and there,hubby was self employed.He hadto cease trading so we claimed JSA. We had some insurance policies that would pay out and mentioned this when we made the claim. we were told that it didnt matter who made the claim as we were claiming jointly.As i do all the paperwork i put my name first.We both signed on at first, then they said i only had to sign on,then the ABI/1 forms came through from the insurers. It was really difficult to get these signed at the job centre as the insurance was in my hubbys name but the JSA was in my name.
    The jobcentre then sanctioned us as i had been in a job for 2 weeks and then left( i was on 3 months trial anyway)
    The jobcentre continued to sign the ABI/1 forms for a couple of weeks and last time we went they refused to sign them,saying they shouldnt have signed them in the first place and that we would haveto put in a new claim in my hubbys name.
    I asked if we had done that in the first place would we have been sanctioned as we are losing approx £25 per week and they said no.
    They have now admitted we were given mis-guided info but we have still hadto put in a new claim and appeal against the sanction.
    Its really annoying as we just did what they told us,not knowing any different.
    All the council tax benefit is in my name as is the mortgage relief we are trying to claim, so i haveto change all that now as well as explain to the insurers why the ABI forms are late.
    Will let you know how it goes on next signing(hubbys first)
    Sorry that wasnt short was it!

Re: JSA mix up

Hi DB,

From previous experiance, I always turned to my local Welfare Rights, you can usually find them under your Citys Local Govt Website depending on where you live.

Lumi x
    Luminol x

Comment

thanks but what can they do for me?

Comment

My local Welfare Rights:

Welfare Benefits and Debt Advice

Welfare Benefit Information Centre

We provide a free and confidential drop in/appointment service offering in-depth advice on Welfare Benefits including:
        • casework
        • self-help
        • appointments and home visits
        • assistance at courts
        • welfare benefit appeal tribunals

They can help you appeal against any sanctions, explain your case regarding the Insurance paperwork being signed and then not, I found that when these guys phoned my local Jobcentre, more got done and quicker, they also know what can and can't be done rather than you getting half a dozen different responses to the same question.

Its just a thought, maybe they can help.

Lumi
        Luminol x

Comment

Thanks i will wait and see what happens and if they still mess us around i will give them a try.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X