• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Penalty Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty Charge Notice

Hi,

I can't keep this short, but really need some advice.

In January I received a Penalty Charge Notice from Lambeth Parking. Contravention was being in a bus lane. The registration mark in question corresponded with a vehicle that I had scrapped five years ago. This vehicle was a Peugeot 405 four door family saloon in red. The vehicle in the photo on the Penalty notice is a small blue hatchback.

I contacted DVLA who confirmed that according to their records I had notified them that the vehicle was scrapped. They would confirm this in writing.

In the meantime I wrote back to Lambeth Parking pointing out that I had contacted DVLA, who confirmed the vehicle was scrapped, also that the vehicle in their photo bore no resemblance to the Peugeot.

I did think that would be the end of the matter.

On 25th February I received another letter from Lambeth saying "We have assessed your case and are satisfied that the Penalty Charge Notice was issued correctly.

I went on to the Lambeth Parking website and looked at the photos closely (probably should have done this in the first place) it is clear that a digit had been read incorrectly by the council. The number 9 on the number plate has been read as 8. Also a Renault badge could be seen on the front of the vehicle. I fed the registration mark into a parts search website and it came up as a Renault Clio 1995, which matches the car in the photo.

By this time I had received a letter of confirmation from DVLA. I wrote back to Lambeth enclosing a copy of DVLA's letter.. I also told them again that their photo showed a small blue hatchback, but more improtantly that they had read the registration mark incorrectly.

On 25th March I received another letter from Lambeth "your case was carefully considered when we received your previous correspondence and you were subsequently sent a letter of rejection. I have to advise you that if you are not satisfied with the Council's decision you should now wait for the Notice to Owner, which will be sent to your shortly. This will give your the opportunity to make a formal Representation t othe Council and your case can then be reconsidered".

I am now in a situation that I don't know what to do. The Council will accept no further correspondence regarding the matter until they receive formal Representation.

It is so clear that this penalty has nothing to do with me, but the council are ignoring the evidence and harassing me for £120.. I am a pensioner, have never been to Lambeth (I live in Norfolk) Please can anyone advise me how to proceed. I don't have money for a Solicitor.

Re: Penalty Charge Notice

Since Lambeth are being complete a*ses, wait for the NTO and complete it ticking 'the contravention did not occur' followed by basically what you have posted

If you want some reassurance post on pepipoo here:
    FightBack Forums

where you'll get plenty of expert advice.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I will do as you advised

Comment

And in this case i think you would be well advised to sit back, have a nice cuppa and not worry too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X