• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online courier problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online courier problems

I ordered a courier online through an ebay classified ad to send a parcel to Australia. Some paperwork (customs forms) were required, but we had trouble printing them off as the links from the company would not work on any computer other than mine, and we do not have a printer in the house.

Unfortunately this meant that we did not have the forms ready for when DHL arrived and they would not take the parcel - which in itself surprised me as something similar has happened before and they gave me a form to fill out then and there with no problems.

I've contacted the company repeatedly, but their phone lines go straight to a recorded message and I've recieved no response to emails. We tried to rearrange collection all week, left emails with phone numbers, and no response, eventually we had to send the parcel via another company.

How do we go about claiming the money back? We used a debit card to pay.
    The website is http://www.senditeasy.co.uk/

Edit: Upon further searching I have just found a contact address on the website, so I shall be sending a letter. If anyone can advise further please do. Thanks for reading!!

Re: Online courier problems

Hiya,

Have you read the T & C's at the bottom of the page ? Welcome to Send It Easy, terms and conditions for our delivery services Collection & Delivery section, its does indeed look as though they will charge you up to 100% of the cost for a failed collection. I know you say that DHL driver gave you an airway bill to fill in last time but your contract is with Sent It Easy and not DHL and therefore you may have to pay the bill I'm afraid.

We have a courier and frieght forwarding business and all our customers can either book online or with a manual airway bill or consignment note, but I've never heard of Send It Easy.

My hubby is out at the moment and knows more about the terms and conditions etc so on his return tonight I will ask him for you and post up his thoughts.

I've had a chat with himself and he feels that due to the terms and conditions of Send It Easy it certainly looks like everything is in there favour. The T & C's do say about failed collections but there's no mention of incomplete or no paperwork, but we do know that it is the 'shippers' responsibility to complete all paperwork correctly. The trouble is the collection is being done by a Third Party (DHL) and its not their responsible to supply the paperwork to you. In all honesty you should have made sure the paperwork was in order before booking the collection.

I'm sorry but thats just how it is hun, I feel for you and wish I could tell you otherwise.

If you need more advice re shipping etc then please do give me a shout and I'll be more than happy to help you.
    Last edited by Sapphire; 22nd March 2009, 16:56:PM.

Comment

Re: Online courier problems

Thank you for the response.
      The surcharge is only if you are out during the collection. I was in and could not get the paperwork done because the links they sent did not work - we went to 2 different places to print it out and they simply would not bring up the right page to print. I even contacted DHL to get the right forms and printed them off, but as we couldn't get hold of senditeasy, we could not rearrange the collection.
      I have been completely unable to contact them - their phone line is a recorded message asking to email them and I've not had a single email response.

If it comes to it, I'm happy to accept the payment already made as a fault, but I really think its unfair that I'm losing out because of their non existent customer service. Had they answered the phone we may have had it sorted out in time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X