• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gmac Can They Do This?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmac Can They Do This?

Hi all

well we had to go with these numpties in Dec 2005, due to mortgage problems, and yep we have had the same with these, anyway nearly lost our home back a few months ago, but thanks to Shelter we offered to pay £50 on top of our monthly mortgage to pay the arrears and thanks god the judge hated GMAC and others like them and he wiped the floor with their solicitor, anyway we have been charged £15.00 per month for around a year for not paying via DD, i have written to them and emailed and never got a reply, also we are STILL being charged £50.00 per month for being in arrears, can they do this even though the judge was happy with the payments? can someone let me know as i want to persue this, as the extra £50 we are paying per month is not covering the arrears cos of the charge and the non payment via DD, they are getting paid on time and via out bank but not DD they never take the money on the day they are supposed to, so we stopped it? anyone pleas

Re: Gmac Can They Do This?

These would both appear to be penalty fees, no reason why you can't follow the normal, prelim, lba, N1 route to get them back and stopped, bit of luck you'll get the same judge too.

There's a bit on the BBC website/Watchdog page about fees for not paying by direct debit, worth having a look at.

Don't think these idiots understand anything but court action.

Comment

The £50 are a straight penalty Jan. I had 3 of these last year when a remortgage fell through and will be reclaiming them soon.

I never had the non-DD penalty, but that's clearly what it is.

Comment

Have you paid up all the arrears yet?

If not, I would wait until you have and you have had the order discharged before you claim anything back.

Comment

we are changing mortage in Dec/Jan already started looking around for a new one and found a FA to arrange things for us, we will then go for the juggler with them we have ben back and forth with SPML as well for around 18 months and get nowhere with them apart from a £25 gesture of good will payment, which we did not accept, they owe us around £2000 in charges with out the ERC, thanks anyway but if someone know of a law that they cannot do this then please let me know, also we will never pay the arrears as they are charging us the £50 per month so we pay one month and then get charged the next??????? pointless

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X