• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

tradewise insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tradewise insurance

hi folks,

here is one to look at, in late november my car was stolen up to now the insurance company have used all the stalling tactics possible not to settle the claim.
    the latest being that they asked me to prove that i have been involved in the motor trade.
    so in my defense i got one of my suppliers to confirm this, this is what they wrote quote (we have known mr x. in the motor trade for 30 years and has been a customer past and present )
    now the insurance company are saying they do not think this is sufficent and want me to supply trading records.
    would like some feed back on this please.

thanks ren.

Re: tradewise insurance

Are you in the motor trade?
    If so, you should be able to provide records shouldn't you?

They do try to stall paying out, so if you have nothing to hide give them the proof and get it sorted.
    They will only drag it out further until you give them what they want, in my opinion

Comment

is that not proof enough i can send them invices with cash sale on what does that prove.

plus should they have not confirmed i was a motor trader before they gave me the policy

thanks ren.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      p.s. oh and by the way i spoke to the person dealing with this claim this morning who s
      ays they cant find the evidence i sent yes it was sent recorded and signed for.

thanks ren.
      Last edited by renaltmagnummad; 11th March 2009, 13:15:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are you in the motor trade?

Regardless of whether or not you think they should have checked before they sold you the policy, if you are not but presented yourself as if you were, they will not pay out. You, as the policy holder, must declare all material facts and failure to disclose all information might void your policy.

Comment

It is possible to get motor insurance cheaper by saying you have no penalty points, only drive 200 miles a year, have it parked overnight in a garage, has a vehicle tracking system etc etc , the insurance company is not at liberty to check these facts. As Cetelco quite rightly says, it is your responsibility to disclose all material facts accurately. The policy details will also mention this too. If you are a motor trader and they are using stalling tactics then surely you would want to give them the evidence they ask for in order to stop them stalling any further.

Also if any material facts on the policy someone gains insurance on are untrue or inaccurate, then that policy is in effect void and the policy holder may have been driving without valid insurance. It is an offence to use (or permit to be used) a motor vehicle on a road or public place when there is not in force a relation to the use of the vehicle such a policy of insurance in respect of third party risks as complies with the Road Traffic Act1988 s143(C2).

Please don't think anyone is doubting your statement that you are/were indeed a motor trader but whether you are or not is the whole basis of any advice that can be given.
          Last edited by Tools; 11th March 2009, 18:11:PM.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I know this firm. If I'm not mistaken they used to be & may still be based in Canary Wharf

& knowing them my advice is if your genuinely a trader tell them to pay up otherwise you will commence proceedings within the next 14 days...........then change insurer

Comment

hi folks , sorry if i appear to be stubborn but if i have delt with a company for 30 years am a customer past and present then i feel that is proof of what they are asking for and to answer your question yes i am a motor trader

also to clarify a point they asked me for proof i am a motor trader and i have supplied just that. they did not ask for any specific type of proof.

thanks ren.

Comment

Fine if they don't pay up sue them ................Also you've been a customer for 30 years! & this is the way they treat you ............disgusting........speak to the boss & complain I would

Comment

Do you have a copy of the letter? If so just email it to them and ask them to reply by return whether or not the letter is sufficient. If it is on headed paper from another company then I agree I can not see the problem. If not they should specify what they need. Do you have any accounts or tax bills that refer to your business ? If so can you not send that as well?

I think from what you are saying you took out the ins as a motor trader ( which would have been more expensive) so why would they be querying it now?
                  "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X