• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CJEasey Bailiff Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJEasey Bailiff Issues

I am here to research the conduct a Bailiff who has been hassling me, has he done the correct thing in the right way etc.... and to locate a register of Bailiffs, if one existsss

Re: Hello one and all

A warm Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Comment

Re: Hello one and all

Hi There

If you can give us a bit of background as to your situation and the events then we can help you in the right direction.

In the meantime I will move your thread to the Bailiff section to get more help

PKea

Comment

Re: CJEasey Bailiff Issues

It is quite involved, here's an overview.. please bear in mind this is a Commercial matter between 2 Ltd Companies. mine being small.......

A bailiff who is operating as a Private Baliff, has been instructed to collect payment for an overdue invoice. This payment has been with held against overdue payments to me from the same client. The bailiff in question has harrased my wife at our private residence, (also the registered address for the Company), and has stated to both of us individualy that he is a County Court Bailiff, not true, he is operating from his home address. I believed that to say you are a County Court Bailiff you were a civil servent and were employed by a court of the HMCS.

I have tried to explain to him that his rights as a private bailiff do not empower him with rights of access to a private residence in connection with Commercial business dealings.

He is in fact employed by Rundle & Co, and I wonder if he is able to act as a Bailiff using their Consumer credit Licence, with or without thier knowledge.

I am having a meeting tomorrow, (6th Mar 09), at a neutral location and would obviously like to have as much factual information to hand prior to this.

CJ

Comment

Originally posted by CJEasey View Post
          I believed that to say you are a County Court Bailiff you were a civil servent and were employed by a court of the HMCS.
          You are quite correct. County Court Bailiffs are indeed civil servants and they are employed by the County Courts.

Originally posted by CJEasey View Post
          I have tried to explain to him that his rights as a private bailiff do not empower him with rights of access to a private residence in connection with Commercial business dealings.
          Is he attempting to levy distress? Although he is a private bailiff, they are regarded as representatives of the court because they act under the authority of a Certificate issued by the court. However, a valid certificate is only needed for the recovery of certain types of debt.

How do you know he is operating from his home address?

Comment

I have a copy of his letter of instruction, it is actually a pub, residential accomodation above.

CJ

sorry, incomplete post..

He did not attempt to do anything other than call me on my mobile phone using my home phone, not impressed by that at all..
            Last edited by CJEasey; 5th March 2009, 13:54:PM. Reason: incomplete reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X