• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** SUCCESS *** Strugglingmum v Natwest ** PAID !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strugglingmum v Natwest

Fabulous news S, you deserve it, looking forward to the finer details :kiss:
    xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
      Thats fantastic news, and I am pleased that you will be sticking arround and help others.

It has been a learning curve for all of us, but we are really pleased that we have been able to encourage you to fight for what is yours.

Why Nattie, will she have to wait 21 days! is that how they deal with hardship claims at Nat West.

All the best

xx
      That is the timescale I have read about on the forums(that is maximum timescale of course)

Comment

Congrats to you ! looks like a wee bit of light at the end of the tunnel !
        I really hope things get a bit easier for you and your sons, you deserve a bit of luck. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Keep us posted ! thanks !
        'Be Traist'

Comment

No news yet but just another log entry.

I sent my acceptance back Monday recorded delivery which was a pre-paid envelope 2nd class, I upgraded to 1st class. The tracking shows it was only delivered today so please please anyone doing this and desperate, try and pay the extra if you can to upgrade to next day guaranteed delivery. My mistake, I should have, because it may well have lost me a few very important few days.

I'm bursting at the seems to tell you my offer and outcome but mostly I'm literally shattered with fighting off my debts at the moment and trying to hold them at bay waiting for this payment. xxx

Comment

Originally posted by strugglingmum View Post

I'm bursting at the seems to tell you my offer and outcome but mostly I'm literally shattered with fighting off my debts at the moment and trying to hold them at bay waiting for this payment. xxx
            I'm in the same position, though I managed to hold off one big one til end of April. The ones that weigh most heavily on me are two personal loans I owe to friends, one for £300 one for £450, both of which should have been paid two months ago, but I couldn't. It's an awful thing to owe money to friends, though of course the bank doesn't take that into consideration.

I hae noted your "next day delivery" advice!
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            Originally posted by strugglingmum View Post
            I have phoned them daily using the numbers I gave and faxed bills etc so I think this must have speeded things up. I gave as much information as I could and not only sent template letters but letters which were very honest and excrutiating personal to emphasise the effect the charges are having on my family.
            I've provided them with absolute proof that the situation I'm in is a direct result of the charges.

Nattie, I will stick around, and hope in some way I can help others too. x
            I agree: it's the personal touch that helps most, I feel. I only started sending follow-up letters since last week, and that's when it started to move.
            Last edited by arunadasi; 12th March 2009, 20:30:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Chased up again today, I was told a payment had been authorised today and It would be in my bank by the end of the week. Got a summons for my council tax arrears today, Im upset because I had kept them totally updated with what was happening and promised them payment by the end of the month and now they've added another £54 onto it for the summons :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Then first thing tomorrow morning you inform Natwest of this and tell them that because of their delays you want an additional £54 to be included in your payment, send them a copy of the summons by fax if possible.
                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                  Then first thing tomorrow morning you inform Natwest of this and tell them that because of their delays you want an additional £54 to be included in your payment, send them a copy of the summons by fax if possible.

Can I do that, seriously? The council tax letter was one of the ones I faxed them during my claim along with my gas bill, they've just added another £14 onto that for having to chase me (ridiculous since ive sat on the phone to them for over an hour explaining to them they'll get paid just it wont be until the end of the month) and they havent had to chase me at all Ive rang them everytime ive got anything to tell them :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

You won't know until you try will you? It is worth a shot, add the letter for the Gas bill charge for good measure. Many of the banks are making direct payments to your creditors/utility suppliers, ask if it is possible for them to pay them directly, that way it cuts down the delays (hopefully) before they have the money paid onto the arrears and you don't get tempted to go have that short back and sides
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Strugglingmum, I've had council tax problems too and I'll be posting about that here in ac ouple of days. Good luck getting your money back!

Comment

Sounds like a good result , although a bummer abouit the council tax , Ive had my wages arrested for that!:tinysmile_cry_t: I hope you do get the charges for the £54 back good luck with that one and the gas bill ,I know how it feels just seems like one kick in the guts after another, but with your claim going to sorted hopefully things will be better for you,I wish you well.
                        'Be Traist'

Comment

:bounce:I've been paid!!!! (every penny I claimed PLUS extra) xxxxx

I'm at work so will update this evening when I get home and have withdrawn the money. x thankyou so so much to everyone for your support and words of encouragement. xxxxx

Comment

Very well done I am really pleased for you, I hope it helps you get sorted. Enaid x

Comment

:tinysmile_grin_t:That is absolutely brilliant! well done to you ! congrats!
                              'Be Traist'

Comment

Nice one, congratulations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X