• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Money Matters/Claims Financial Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Money Matters/Claims Financial Ltd

Originally posted by windsorroberts View Post
    I have to say I was more than happy with their fees as it was money I wouldn't have got back ....
    Can I ask what, if any, connection do you, or your company, have with Claims Financial besides marketing emails.

PKea

Comment

PKea - My company has no connection apart from providing leads. We started working with them after I used them for a claim myself and I was very happy with their approach etc.

Comment

You really could have saved yourself a fair bit of cash, WR.

Our fee is 25% plus VAT of the damages recovered. This is a total fee of 29.37%.
        All you need to do is complete the online application, which takes less than 1 minute and then wait for our call.
        So for every £100 recovered, you owe £29.37 to Claims Financial. In my case last year, that would have cost me over £2,000. Hardly a "bargain".

So yes, I DO think CF charge way too much for their service. Aside from that, there is very little prospect of them being able to either take a case to court (and I STILL don't know who pays for that if you lost, although I can guess), OR making a complaint to the FOS. It just won't happen until the test case is resolved. So basically, you pay them to recover what in may very well turn out to be money that some banks will be refunding in any case in the not too distant future. At the most, once the OFT have decided on the fairness of the charges, all you'll have to do is request the refund from your bank. There will be NO NEED to threaten the banks with court action.

But most people do NOT know that. And so will quite happily pay nearly 30% of their ENTITLEMENT to companies such as this.

Now do you understand why I see their business as being unethical?
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Originally posted by PKea View Post
        Can I ask what, if any, connection do you, or your company, have with Claims Financial besides marketing emails.

PKea
        This will be helpful.

Example:

Tristan runs a small brokerage and in a typical day each of his 4 brokers have about 3 appointments dealing mostly with mortgages but also secured loans. That is about 20 appointments a day.
        The recent credit crunch has meant that mortgage approvals have slumped and Tristan’s strategy has been to ride out the storm by adding profitable revenue streams to the main business. Financial compensation seemed like the obvious choice. At the end of each appointment (including telephone calls), they always mention financial compensation because nearly every client has at least one claim.
        Occasionally, the client will want to go through their financial papers there and then to find out what claims they may have. It can take a few minutes but it is worth it. Recently, a client brought down all their loan documents from the last 2-3 years and it was immediately obvious that they had been sold expensive PPI policies alongside 3 loans without even knowing about it. - watertight cases worth £50 each to the broker Many clients have 4-5 credit cards which they have been struggling to pay for years resulting in hefty monthly penalties. Tristan often sees one client sign up there and then for their credit card charges, arrears fees, and mis-sold PPI. It means the appointment ends on a high note because the client is not being asked for money but rather we are telling them that there is an easy way to put money back in their pockets on the basis that the service is free unless they win a refund.

In a normal days’ work Tristan would expect to see half the appointments resulting in some claim forms. Those who are interested usually think it makes sense to claim back everything they are entitled to in one go. With the average client have 1 or 2 current accounts, 3 credit cards, mortgages/loans in the last few years an average day might yield:
        1. 12 credit card claims - £120 commission (£10 each)
        2. 10 bank charge claims - £650 commission (we hope £65 each)
        3. 4 Mortgage exit fee or arrears claims - £42 commission (£10.50 each)
        4. 3 Mis-sold PPI policies - £150 commission (£50 each)

Tristan is able to help his clients and generate pipeline commission of about £975 each day and this isn’t even the main business.
        The key selling point is that if Claims Financial don’t win a refund we don’t charge a penny.
        To find out more please contact Kevin Rose (Introducer Manager) on:
        Tel: 0117 985 8962 Mob: 079 5434 8589
        Email: krose@claimsfinancial.co.uk
        Unfair bank ChargesMillions have already claimed. If an individual has charged by their bank for exceeding their overdraft limit or for bounced cheques and failed direct debits they probably have a claim for thousands. 12% commission

Average of £65 per account
        Last edited by LuggerBugs; 3rd March 2009, 13:43:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        My Blog
        http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Link to above 'introducer' Claims Financial - Introducer Today
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh, aye. They let their "introducers" know that claims won't be paying out for months, pending the High Court ruling, but fail to mention that there IS a ruling and it's all over bar the shouting, to their potential "customers".

Shysters.
            My Blog

Comment

Depending on how the refunds are going to be orgainsed at the end of the test case and the OFT investigation etc then I suspect lots more of these people will spring up saying they'll do the claim for them, much as happened with the Child Tax Credit scam, when it was simply filling in a form and posting it, and the shysters charged people £95 squids for the priviledge.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Once it all starts happening, I think we need to be doing a little PR exercise to get the word out that these companies are to be avoided at all costs.
                My Blog

Comment

Just had a phone call on my undisclosed mobile from a firm offering me the possibility of cancelling CC & Bank debt

When asked where did she get my number she 'claimed' that Ofcom give them the prefixes & they just make random calls:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Spam by phone, righty?

I'm still waiting for the ever helpful WR to contact me about the source of the email address. I'm patient. I've got all day.

Until then, no apology.

My Blog

Comment

Dear LuggerBugs

Found it ....... Do you want me to provide the info here or e-mail it to you?

Cheers

Windsor

P.S. How many years can you go back to make a bank claim?

Comment

Originally posted by windsorroberts View Post
                        P.S. How many years can you go back to make a bank claim?
                        You claim for as far back as you have evidence for.
                        If you have statements showing charges in 1990 you can claim for them.
                        There are a few claims on the forum like this, but they still get put on hold at the court because of the test case.

Comment

Yes LB it appears by phone although I don't believe the bit about "we get the prefix from Ofcom" etc................. or should I.......... anyone know??

Comment

Righty I would guess that the OFcom bit is crap to make them 'appear' to be above board and that it is just automatically calling numbers sequential.
                            You dont have to go to Ofcom to get telephone prefixes

Their system will just call 07801 000000 then 07801 0000001 and so on and if it connects they get lucky.

Comment

I thought that ............... nevertheless I told them to remove my no. from their data base to which she agreed....... She was very pleasant so didn't have the heart to give her a talking to about the DPA etc which would have been my usual response:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Sent a PM as it's confidential.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X