• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kerry1274 v Blemain Finance Repossesion Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry1274 v Blemain Finance Repossesion Order

I recieved a repossesion order in the post yesterday morning apparently posted on 2/2 I'm due in court on 13/3. Looking for any advise. Feeling very nervous about the whole thing :-(

Re: Blemain Finance

Kerry, best thing to do is to start your own thread in the mortgages forum, put in as much info as you can and we'll see what we can do to help.

Wendy x
    Is no longer here

Comment

Re: Blemain Finance

Thanks Wendy I will do. x

Comment

Re: Kerry - Repossesion Order

Kerry, I have set up this thread for you

PKea

Comment

Re: Kerry1274 v Blemain Finance Repossesion Order

Kerry, how much do you owe?

Do you already have a suspended order in place?

Comment

Blemain Finance

Yesterday morning I received a reposession order from Blemain Finance. I admit that I defaulted for 4 months from September to December because they wouldn't answer any of my letters or phone calls and kept being sent blank DD forms without being told how much they would take out. I finally got through to someone who was reasonable in January who told me that I could go into Nat West and pay straight into their account which I did and again this month. They just don't seem to want to help you give them the payments.

Comment

I'm not sure what a suspended order is. I'm in arrears by £1879. I offered to pay this off on top of paying my loan but they refused.

Comment

A suspended order is generally what you will receive from the court when you first get into trouble with the mortgage company, providing you can show you can pay something towards the arrears and stick to that plan.

How long has it been since you paid the mortgage and can you afford to make an offer to repay the arrears?

Comment

I've been paying again since last month and want to make an offer of £150 per month off of the arrears as well as paying the normal loan. I forgot to mention that I'm a loan parent working and on FTC incase it makes a difference.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  ps my main mortgage is with another company wouldn't they have a say in all of this?
                  Last edited by kerry1274; 26th February 2009, 11:47:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That is excellent if you can do that. Have you spoken to the lender about this proposal?

Comment

Not since I got the order....CAB advised me not to. Do you think I can stop this by calling them now??

Comment

It might not work, but it has to be worth a shot.

Comment

Ok I'll give it a try and let you know.

Comment

Ok spoke to Blemain and got put through to Monach Recoveries. They refused the payments saying that they don't think I can afford the payments (you'd think that could be my problem) but they have said that they will except a credit card payment for the full amount of the arrears and March's payment, this will then cancel all court proceedings. The interesting thing is that I asked for this in writting and they refused saying that they don't do it incase I try to use it in court at a later date?!?!?!?! I am a little worried now that I'll make this payment and they'll take me to court anyway as I only have the recorded phone call as proof I've paid. I'd just have to rely on the fact that the credit card company would have records of the payment.

Comment

Type the conversation up while it's still fresh in your mind and then attend the hearing and show the Judge all your paperwork, backed up with your written offer of payment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X