• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Posessions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posessions

Hello everyone not sure if this is posted in the right place.
    I hope someone can offer me some advice or at least tell me where to go to get the advice i need.
    My current girlfriend has been lumbered with her ex's possesions clothing,toys and tools etc he left in Nov 08 so she has basically been storing his stuff for him, When he left he came back around to the house and terrorised my girlfriend and her daughter while he and his mate ransacked the place and took a lot of his stuff. She now wants to move on and wants to get rid of the stuff that she is storing, so she sent him a txt saying he had 14 days from 14/02/09 to collect his stuff on the 28/02/09 he has been abusive to her on the phone saying she has been unreasonable so she has told him if the stuff is not removed we are going to take it down the tip and get rid of it.
    I think she has been reasonable she has had the stuff since Nov 08 storing free of charge now she wants to move on and start a fresh she just wants him to come and collect the rest of his stuff and clear off he thinks that she being a soft touch wont get rid of the stuff and he can just turn up when he feels like it to pick odd bits up here and there and wind her up.
    Is there any legal implications if she dumps the stuff down the tip if he doesnt come around and collect it on the day specified.
    Cheers for any advice want to put girlfriends mind at rest

Re: Posessions

Have you got an actual address for the ex boyfriend.

If so I would send a recorded letter to his address advising him that his possessions will be available to collect on saturday xx/xx between 9am and 11am. After 11am they will be put outside the premises for collection with no security and on public view.
    If the items remain there at the end of the day, you will dispose of them by whatever means necessary.

Something like that, obviously change the days to suit, and give a lead time for him to arrange a vehicle or means of transport, say 2 weeks.
    Then you have it in writing, plus receipt that he has recieved notifciation of the event.
    Then if he fails to collect, dump the stuff or sell it or whatever.

PKea

Comment

Originally posted by PKea View Post
      Have you got an actual address for the ex boyfriend.

If so I would send a recorded letter to his address advising him that his possessions will be available to collect on saturday xx/xx between 9am and 11am. After 11am they will be put outside the premises for collection with no security and on public view.
      If the items remain there at the end of the day, you will dispose of them by whatever means necessary.

Something like that, obviously change the days to suit, and give a lead time for him to arrange a vehicle or means of transport, say 2 weeks.
      Then you have it in writing, plus receipt that he has recieved notifciation of the event.
      Then if he fails to collect, dump the stuff or sell it or whatever.

PKea
      Thanks Pkea
      That is the problem she does'nt know his address as he is living with a friend while he awaits house purchase going through, this is why i told her to txt him as she has proof of time and date txt sent plus he has answered first txt as he complained about her being unreasonable. his two weeks is up on the 28th Feb the trouble is he is banking on her being soft and not going through with it but this time she wants the stuff taken to the tip, and anything of any value will be sold.

Comment

I would advise her to text him and say she will drop his posessions off at the local police station at a given time and it is then up to him to be there to collect the gear or if he don't turn up dump the lot. he sounds like a right immature git anyway.
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyolddog View Post
          I would advise her to text him and say she will drop his posessions off at the local police station at a given time and it is then up to him to be there to collect the gear or if he don't turn up dump the lot. he sounds like a right immature git anyway.
          Happyolddog
          thanks but there is a load of stuff more than a car load, 3 bin liners of clothes, loads of garden tools, work tools and bits for his job, then theres model plane and helicopter and a quad bike so that wouldnt be a viable option i am affraid.
          Yes he is very imature and petty anyway, my girlfriend and her eldest son dont reckon he will turn up as he is scared of her son.

Comment

Originally posted by shellfishb5 View Post
            Happyolddog
            thanks but there is a load of stuff more than a car load, 3 bin liners of clothes, loads of garden tools, work tools and bits for his job, then theres model plane and helicopter and a quad bike so that wouldnt be a viable option i am affraid.
            Yes he is very imature and petty anyway, my girlfriend and her eldest son dont reckon he will turn up as he is scared of her son.
            Is he self employed or work for a firm? Is he not working at the moment? Very strange he would leave work tools there.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
              Is he self employed or work for a firm? Is he not working at the moment? Very strange he would leave work tools there.
              He is a gas fitter and works for a firm, the tools and bits and pieces are mainly old crap i think hes a hoarder and doesnt throw anything away. We dont have a work address and thats why we have been using txts he has till this saturday 28th to come and collect his stuff otherwise i will take it down the tip on saturday he is banking on her being soft and not doing anything with his stuff so he can come and collect it when he feels like it Um dont think so it will be going to the local tip on saturday afternoon without fail.

Comment

Girlfriend had a phone call from her ex yesterday and he has told her to f**king do what she likes with his stuff he doesnt care, so apart from some personal bits and pieces of his, its going to the tip on saturday, she wants to make sure he gets the personal bits back photos and stuff from his childhood so we are going to box those bits up and she will txt him to ask for an address to send them recorded delivery so she has proof that he has received them. Other stuff she is going to sale to cover costs of storage and inconvenience and that he never paid her housekeeping.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X