• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs baliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobs baliffs

hello please help!i had a visit from a jacobs bailiff on monday for debt of 225.00. i refsed to let him in and i was told that if i didnt he would then send an enforcement bailiff(who he said beileve me you dont want to met him)i was then told her would bring a van and a locksmith and take goods away to this value, i let him in and he wrote down my telly settee and table and chairs and then told me i had to pay 40.oo a month till the debt was cleared,i have since been reading this form and i have signed a walk in agreement, can i complain to the jacobs office regarding the way this bailiff bullied me into letting him in????i then had a call off an enforcement bailiff on tuesday regarding the same debt(i didnt know there was to liabitilty orders on the old address) this debt was for 134.00 which now stands at 275.00 because of charges. the two amonts have different ref numbers, the enforcement bailiff said pay up or else in so many words he frightened the life out of me, he said phone me on 27th feb and pay in full and do not do not let me down.i have phoned my llocal council recoveries dept who said deal with the bailiff. i will pay the council on the 27th feb the 134.00 and not the enforcement bailiff am i ok to do this or will the enforcement bailiff be back hassling mr for his charges????the other amont of 225.00 i will pay in installments to jacobs or should i pay them to the council????please advise me what to do im scared and worried regarding this these two matters many thanks.

Re: jacobs baliffs

They will try anything to get you to let them in and unfortunately you fell for it.

Yes, you can pay the council directly, but the bailiff is entitled to charge for the 'work' he has already carried out.

You should send Jacobs a Subject Access Request which is here Bailiff - SAR - Legal Beagles

Comment

thank you for your advice, could you tell me what a SAR is please and how this will help in the poistion i am in many thanks.

Comment

It's explained fully in the link I gave you at post #2. Have you read it?

Comment

hi yeah i have read the link you gave me thanks very much for doing this for me. could you expain the SAR to me in a little detail i dont really understand how it will help??????sorry i dont understand just need a short explaination of how it will help. sorry for being a pain many thanks again.

Comment

Please also read this link. Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

In short, the SAR (Subject Access Request) is made under the Data Protection Act 1998. This Act gives individuals the right to be told what personal data an organisation is processing about them and, unless an exemption applies, to receive a copy of that information. We advise that you use a SAR in order to obtain full details of all the information that Jacobs hold on you, including every letter they have sent you, every call they have made to you and every fee they have added to your account. This way, you are in a position to challenge them regarding how your bills escalate from £134 to £275 for example.

Bailiffs frequently inflate their fees with charges for visits that they never made, letters they sent (or claim they sent) when they are not permitted to charge for such letters, van fees, attendance fees, walking possession fees or other non-prescribed fees and the SAR means they must, by law, send you any and all data they hold on you.

Comment

thank you for the information. i will send for this on monday. i havent got the money to pay this enforecement bailiff on the 27th i have had my hours cut at work and after paying my bills etc, i will not beable to pay him in full maybe pay him 50.00 pound. any advice on what i should do regarding this?????many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X