• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

equita again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equita again!

ok having problems again with them any thoughts gratefully received
    in december/january i missed a payment due to my coucil tax benefit being messed up and i was told i would have to pay money for an overpayment.i couldnt afford to pay them and the full amount to equita so i had to do what i could. i paid just over the monthly amount to equita and told them i would pay the rest the next time.
    they said it should be ok and said theyd make a note of it on my files....
    then i was told that my benefit was originally right (id reported them to the government ombudsman about different matter and hey presto everything gets put right!!) i told them to forward the amount to equita,and this meant i was only £3 overdue.
    then i get a letter saying they are coming to remove my property in the following week.... i phoned and they wouldnt listen to anything saying the debt wouldnt be reset.. i told them about the benefit mix up and the amount from council tax being forwarded.they said they hadnt received it...
    i phoned benefits and they said 2 amounts of £11.73 had been put back on... and then i had an email saying they had forwrded the £12 to equita... this meant i wasnt overdue..
    so i phoned them again.. the lady was not going to listen insisting the full amount HAD to be paid and the debt wouldnt be reset. i then asked if any payments had been received on the account in January.. she said that a payment for almost £60 had been made.... i pointed out that that meant the account was 3 months ahead at least.. well she was having none of it.. i asked for the ombudsman address and she refused saying i had to complain through them first. I told her i had sent a letter to their birmingham office address from the letter i had received.. she said it was the wrong address and that my complaint wouldnt be looked at... so i got a bit annoyed and asked who i shouldve addressed it o? and why was the address on the letter if you couldnt write to it??
    i then wrote another letter to the address she gave and also one to birmingham city council asking for the account to be passed back to them as the amounts didnt add up that equita had and they were processing payments too late...
    the payment for £60 had been made by benefits in november!! and also the one the council tax office had sent for £12 had not been processed even though it had been 2 weeks and no sign of the other 2 payments
    in the meantime i had 2 letters off equita on the same morning.. one saying they would be round within 24hrs to collect goods and then next one saying that they had not been able to levy distress and the account would be handed back to their client for a warrant for arrest!! i was happy they had passed it back to the council as it gave my letters time to be processed.... so i relaxed a bit for a week..then i get another lettter saying equita bailliffs were in my area in the coming week and would be coming to seize my property......
    what i want to know is...what on earth is going on with them? where do i stand? i dont know whether im coming or going... :tinysmile_cry_t:

Re: equita again!

Hi Archer,

In my opinion Equita are a bunch of a'holes. I had a run with them last year, they tried to intimidate me, threatening letters and malicious calls. The best part the debt belonged to my son who has lived in Manchester for the last 4 years. I hope you can get this resolved soon, have they been to court to get an order to enter your property? If not ignore the a'holes.

Best wishes,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

no the only order they have was from when the council tax went to magistrates last year to get a liability order... ive heard that you can reissue it to court for the court to look at and if they have behaved in appropriately they can squash the debt?? not sure how to do it though

Comment

Hi archer, hope you are ok.
        Amy has been doing a lot of work on Bailiffs, I have no clue where to start on this lol.
        I will get her to have quick look when she comes on, see if she can help you.
        Enaid x

Comment

hi enaid,hope all as well with you and your family xx
          thanks it would be much appreciated
          x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X