• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs....

Hi all

Looking for some help for a friend shes been getting letters from Jacobs re a unpaid parking fine from last year in Islington for her partner who is currently in canada and dont even own the van any longer.

Only have 2 letters so far just waiting for her to come round to get more details but the 2 letters she has given me are for £328.98 dated the 28/01/09 and she got another friday for £401.43 and calims that they "Have called today to collect payment in full. As there was no reply we have left this FINAL NOTICE before REMOVAL ACTION".

Funny thing is that the letters have all come by 2nd class post and not by hand and have now added another £72.45.???? been looking at the fees ect and cant see how they come to this amont but can probly guess that its the normal thing with the bailiff company to add a little extra for the xmas do!!!!!.....

She wants to get this sorted but dont and cant pay this amont and is going to ring them monday to find out if they will send a list of fees ect added to the account. (Have already said that they will just do there best to not answer any questions and make all kinds of threats just to get the money off her)

So what do you think would be the best course of action for her I think the DPA SAR would be a good start and a letter to the council to see what they say.

And will post more details when I get them and thanks for reading this...

Welly xx

Re: Jacobs....

My God man, I thought you were dead!

Does the parking fine actually belong to your friend's partner or is it disputed?

The letters the bailiffs are supposed to hand deliver are a complete con as they are rarely delivered by hand. The cost added for this 'hand delivery' should be disputed as soon as possible, if they admit to the debt.

Have they also been charged for a van and a porter? If so, this is also usual but also quite wrong if the bailiff is unable to prove the visit to the property. Even if the bailiff can prove the visit took place, the cost of the van and porter must be divided equally between everyone visited that day.

Magistrates fines should be treated as primary debts, so be careful not to let it escalate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X