• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed

Thanks Tuttsi, It does seem a wee bit more hopeful we shall see, I couldnt have got this far without the help of all the people here.

I wont give up thats for sure.
    'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
      Amy , sorry I havent worded that very well I meant a softening in their attitudes over the last few months prior to todays court decision.
      Oh I see.

xx

Comment

Just got in from work and Abbey have sent a confirmation letter , that they are considering my case and will be in touch. Probably a standard letter but at least they have responded.
        'Be Traist'

Comment

Well my luck was out , my earnings were arrested this morning, it was going to happen stilla blow when it does.
          'Be Traist'

Comment

people get arrested, earnings get attached - feels like the same thing though lol. Pity your wages department are so efficient! Look on the bright side, the quicker you start paying it, the quicker it gets paid off.
            Is no longer here

Comment

You are right Wendy, still a bummer though! lol! I have never had one before.
              'Be Traist'

Comment

My claim under hardship has now been with Abbey for two weeks, I wondered if I should contact them to how its progressing, but I dont want to seem cheeky.

I noticed on other threads that its reckoned you should keep in touch with them to try to keep it moving and was considering doing that,
                'Be Traist'

Comment

Have received a letter from my landlord that I am £600 in arrears and also from Abbey indicating that I will have a further £231 in bank charges this month , should I forward this info to them and ask for it to be taken into account? I plan to call them on wednesday to check the progress of the claim in any case, just wondered if this would add strength to my claim.
                  'Be Traist'

Comment

Telephone them and tell them this and ask how your claim is progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post
                      Have received a letter from my landlord that I am £600 in arrears and also from Abbey indicating that I will have a further £231 in bank charges this month , should I forward this info to them and ask for it to be taken into account? I plan to call them on wednesday to check the progress of the claim in any case, just wondered if this would add strength to my claim.
                      Call them on Monday morning, why wait till Wednesday. You are in financial difficulty and you need help soonest. You can also inform them of the charges going out and the rent of £600 which you are in arrears. You can also then send them the letter from your landlord.

Let us know how you get on.

xx

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi,

Will make the call tomorrow and post up how it goes
                        'Be Traist'

Comment

Have just got off the phone to Abbey complaints team, the lady I spoke to told me my claim is progressing and is still with the 'team' but in the meantime they have suspended any further charges until it is resolved . Is this a good sign? no charges meantime is a help I must admit, but as I am totally inexperienced at this can anyone offer an opinion as to how things now stand?
                          Does this look a bit more hopeful?
                          Thanks very much .
                          'Be Traist'

Comment

Yes thats a good sign, probably means they have accepted your hardship status....so hopefully a 65% offer will come your way in next few weeks.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Did you tell them about the arrears letter from your landlord?
                              Is no longer here

Comment

Yes and she told me to send them that also and it will be added to the case for consideration. I had posted it this morning anyway prior to calling them.
                                'Be Traist'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X