• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** SUCCESS ** hoops-morton ~v~ Abbey

Can anyone tell me whom to contact at Abbey as I neeed to claim under hardship urgently! Facing court action soon for coucil tax, and behind in rent etc.

I am losing £200+ a month in bank charges at present, my claim Totals £6,100 not including interest

Is there a template letter I can use , It must look as though Im lazy but Im at My wits end !

Any advice on how long these claims take would be appreciated>

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers
    'Be Traist'

Re: Help needed

Have a read through some of the threads here Hardship Claim Successes - Legal Beagles

just post any questions and someone will be along to help you.

Good luck SL xx
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Hello Hoops,

This thread probably has a lot of the information that you need Abbey bank charges - Legal Beagles

Have you opened up another account for your money to be paid in to so you can avoid these charges?

When you say "facing court action soon for council tax" - how soon?

Comment

I have another 14 days before they take further action!
        'Be Traist'

Comment

What kind of action? What stage are you at?

Comment

They have served papers at my house and will reurn to court in 14 days to seek arressment of wages and/or sequestration
            'Be Traist'

Comment

Hi

How much do you owe to the council tax? Is there already a liability order? When was the liability order granted, if there is one.

They can do an attachment of earnings if you are working, there would be a set percentage taken each week/month, depending on what you earn.

Please tell us as much detail as possible about your situation, so we can best help.

include everything you can think of, even if you don't think its relevant. We'll pick the bones out and sort out the relevant bits.
              Is no longer here

Comment

It is for £1400 and with another order to come for £800, liability order granted 1 week ago for larger ammount 14 days to reply, currently owe credit card £3400 and welcome £3000, per month to avoid any action for the moment to hold any action . overdraft ( £2150 )

My rent is £500 pm gas £64 per month electricity £48 per month current council tax is £140:00p per month Bank charges £ 250 (average figure since October) Tel etc £60:00p per month various insurances £20 p/m travel to work is £120:00p per month welcome £80:00p/m .

My average monthly take home is £1280 as you can see it just doesnt pan out.

I f I can persue my claim under hardship case then it would allow me to clear at least most of my debt and stop incurring further charges which are cripling me .

They are bouncing dd's for £4;; twice and charging me for it twice plus unauthorised overdraft payments plus interest , its just madness!

My claim has been lodged for nearly two years now but the charges are now totally out of hand.

im at my wits end.

I basically lost a well paid job and have struggled since then my marriage of 23 years, has broken up nearly two years ago and I blame the stress of all this on it .
                'Be Traist'

Comment

Hi Hoops

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Please can you if you have not already done so complete a speady of your charges http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=4776

Can you also complete an Income and Expenses schedule http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=5102 - you can PM it to one of the site helpers or myself.

You then need to gather all the evidences together - ie your arrears situation, continued bank charges etc etc...

Then you will need to write a letter to Abbey under the hardship rules, explaining how your situation has worsened due to the loss of job and breakdown of marriage etc. We can help you with this once you have got together all the above. It is important not to use templated letters as it is better if it does not look stereotyped. Your claim needs to be nicely packaged so that your matter can be dealt with quickly. Having said that most banks are taking 4-8 weeks. But once your letter and accompanying evidences have been submitted you can then start phoning to push for a settlement.

My own Hardship claim took 4 weeks with Abbey and I then received an interim payment of 65%, some have received higher but mostly arround this figure.

We will help youn all we can.

Comment

Also, are there any charges on your credit cards that you could reclaim? If so, then start a claim for those, as they are not covered by the OFT case and will not be stayed. This could be a way to reduce your debt to them.

Unfortunately there is no way out of the liability order, and if they do get an attachment of earnings then they will take it straight out of your wages. They write to your employer, not just yourself, and the employer is legally bound to make the deductions. You can have a maximum of 2 attachments at any one time. The good news is, that by the time they apply for the AoE and get it to your employer the end of this month will more than likely have come and gone, so no action till at least the end of March. By which time you might have a result from Abbey re hardship. So there is light at the end of the tunnel.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks for your help I am grateful I have now completed a charges spreadsheet and an income expenditure sheet I am drafting a letter explainig why I am claiming , is there an address for Abbey?
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

Hi Hoops

Are you at court stage with a bank claim or is this a new claim! If you are already at court stage it is their legal department. Let me know and I will give you the correct address.

Comment

I am on hold with their legal department, but have letter acknowledging my claim from a Richard Harris I sent it to him by recorded delivery!
                          I hace receipt for its delivery.

I would think it will go to their legal department

Thanks for all you help,it is appreciated!
                          'Be Traist'

Comment

Can anyone give me the address for Abbeys legal department or whichevrone deals with hardship claims, all my documents are ready to go. many thanks
                            'Be Traist'

Comment

Originally posted by hoops-morton View Post

I f I can persue my claim under hardship case then it would allow me to clear at least most of my debt and stop incurring further charges which are cripling me .

They are bouncing dd's for £4;; twice and charging me for it twice plus unauthorised overdraft payments plus interest , its just madness!

My claim has been lodged for nearly two years now but the charges are now totally out of hand.

im at my wits end.
                              Hi Hoops

I'm sure someone will be along soon with the address that you need,

In the meantime, whilst you are sorting the charges, court stuff out, I really recommend (from personal experience!!) that you urgently open another account - a basic bank account, with a different bank and have your money paid into the new (parachute) account, with no overdraft. Then use the parachute account to pay your bills, you'll then gradually come out of the quagmire as you will start to be back in control of your finances!

Start threads on here for your credit cards and any loans and start posting up what you have done so far with these.

Hope that helps.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X