• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Studio no cca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio no cca

I have a debt with studio catalogue since losing my ability to work
    due to chronic arthritus. I contacted cccs and worked out my expenditure etc
    All my creditors have accepted token payments except studio who just keep racking up the charges,

I have tried to reason with them but they wont listen.
    So I sent of £1 for my cca request,
    All I got back was an unsigned specimen agreement with my name wrote in with biro. they also deducted the £1 from my account.

I then informed them they had they had not complied with my cca request,
    They said I should have signed and returned my aggrement at the start of my account but I have not signed anything as I ordered online.

I wrote to them and informed them the account was now in dispute,

I then recieved a letter from Debt collection and security
    studios inhouse DCA as below

Dear SIR

It is a legal requirement to send a notice of intended litigation before legal procedings in the County Court Are issued. This letter fulfils this requirement even if not actually read by you.

To prevent legal action from being taken you must settle this debt immediately. Payment must be paid in full within 7 days or contact made with this office immediately by telephone on 08713769952. Failure to contact us by 10 am on the ********2009 may result in legal procedings being issued without further notice.

]We would draw to ur attention that if judgement and an order for the repayment in full is obtained and remains unpaid enforcement action of the Sdebt may be sought by one or more of the following procedures.

1. Application for attatchment of earnings with your present or future employer.
    2. Application for a charge on any property you may own or are purchasing under a mortgage.
    3. Application for ypu to attend court for questioning.
    4. Warrent of execution by baliffs.

If judgement is enteredagainst you then this may effect any future credit application you make elsewhere. All legal costs ( including statory interest costs incurred are usually payable by the debtor.

You can telephone this office to make payment by credit or debit card. Alternatively you can pay at any bank using the attached giro slip or by sending the giro in the post with a cheque or postal order payable to studio using the enclosed envelope.

yours sincerley

Debt Collection and security.[/font]

I therefore sent them A Request under the cival procedure rules
    asking for all cpr docs and a true signed copy of my agreement.
    To enable my defence if they decided to take me to court as threatened in the letter.
    They responded by asking me for £10 for a S.A.R. But I did not request
    my data under a S.A.R.

And if I did send them £10 I would most likely receive another blank agreement, Plus they would deduct the £10 from my account again.

Can anyone inform me if they are allowed to dodge my C.P.R Request.
    and also How should I aproach this next

thankyou.
    Last edited by microbar; 11th February 2009, 01:05:AM.

Re: Studio no cca

sounds very typical of DCA's to be honest.
    They WILL ignore a CPR18 request, they always do.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      sounds very typical of DCA's to be honest.
      They WILL ignore a CPR18 request, they always do.
      Thanks for your reply but can you suggest a suitable reply to the dca.
      Or are they allowed to ignore all my legal requests.

Comment

As it's the inhouse planks you can happily ignore them.
        They are all urine and wind.
        They are well aware the debt is disputed and shouldn't be sending letters like this anyway.

They like to write scary letters in an attempt to harass you.

Ps, please don't edit in more information as it makes it difficult to follow the threads narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
          As it's the inhouse planks you can happily ignore them.
          They are all urine and wind.
          They are well aware the debt is disputed and shouldn't be sending letters like this anyway.

They like to write scary letters in an attempt to harass you.

Ps, please don't edit in more information as it makes it difficult to follow the threads narrative.
          Thanks Curlyben I did not edit the original contents of my post.
          I t was just a font error I edited out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X