• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

child support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support

Hi
    my friend has had a child support demand of 94,000 pounds. they are sayin he owes for his first son who is now 21 and for his second son who is 7. they are taking 600 plus from his wages and leaving him with not even enough to pay for his rent let alone food electricity etc. he has made payments periodically over the years mostly cash. but he is certain he does NOT owe the amonut stated. do they have to prove the amounts stated? surely they do! Plus if it is leaving him so short of money can they take this amount. he works for the local council and it is automatically being taken out of wages before he gets them. where will all this money go as oldest 21 the mother isnt getting it.
    please can anyone help he is desperate
    nannie ali

Re: child support

I dont know hun but this post will bump it up again
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi nanni, nice to see you back, I hope your son managed to get things sorted re his son too.

As for your friend, I would write to the CSA ( I assume) and ask them to provide a detailed statement of how they have come to calculate these figures. If the payments are leaving him unable o provide the basics for his everyday living he must also inform them of this. I would recommend sending something such as the Income/Expenditure sheet from our library or a similar Financial Statement informing them of his situation. He should include as much detail as possible. How far back does the calculations go to. I am not entirely sure but I would have thought they should only be able to backdate any payments for a maximum of 6 years but I could be completely wrong, just my initial thoughts.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks luv. yes son sorting things at last hopefully they are coming to an agreement but only because he is moving on monday to start a new job up country. so fingers crossed eh.
        my friend is going to write a letter to csa. It does seem strange they can go back so far!!!!!!
        will let u know what developes.
        nannie ali

Comment

Good to hear your son is finally getting things sorted.

It would be to your friends advantage if he could gather any evidence to reinforce the fact that he has made periodic payments to the ex. This could help reduce any outstanding balance he may owe. Any cheques, regular fixed amount cash withdrawals, receipts for clothing etc bought, a tall order I know but anything may help him.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

thanks luvx
            i wonder if you can still be asked to pay csa further than 6 years ago? if you can shed any more light on this it would be a great help

Comment

The honest answer is I really don't know.

According to the various people they can backdate to when the CSA were first asked to become involved by the parent(s) but I cannot see a time scale. The best way to find out is for him to ask the CSA directly.

Comment

AFAIK they can backdate as far as they like - so maximum 18 years - this is not like a normal debt so Limitation Act does not apply.

Comment

ok many thanks!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X