• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Of Scotland Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank Of Scotland Charges

Yes indeed, could be a lucky guess at BOS. Theres a lot of cases of this going on.....I supose 1 in 10 times they will be right and the personal will have a loan with the bank they decide to specify. Makes it sound more personal and like they have inside knowledge doesnt it. Scary if you ask me.

LEt us know what they say. You could also ask which account with BOS etc as you have a number lol. Just dont give them any information at all.

http://www.refundsdirect.co.uk/image..._ClaimPack.pdf

Forbes Douglas have a few AC's under them
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I ask for a reason but have you at anytime posted or discussed details of your case on any other forum
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      PS this ain't the 1st time this has happened & their info is often too near the mark to be entirely coincidental
      Last edited by righty; 14th April 2009, 16:10:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
        I ask for a reason but have you at anytime posted or discussed details of your case on any other forum
        PS this ain't the 1st time this has happened & their info is often too near the mark to be entirely coincidental

Righty, No this is the only forum I have posted on in respect of BOS and in fact any other claim. This is my home here and I have not posted anywhere else for a long time. I have not as far as I am aware posted that my claim is for £3K.

When they phoned, they knew my name, phone number which is x directory and that I had an account with BOS. When I post here it is not my real name.

Now this is intriging, I wrote to BOS for an SAR on 2/2/09 on a letter heading and have not done anything further on this claim.

Could someone at BOS be passing details of potential claims to a third party! or how else could a company know my name and phone number! and that I had a BOS account.

Comment

Just come off the phone from this company. It was a call centre that I got through to.

They state that mortgages taken out between 1975 and Apr 2007 have 18 flaws in the credit agreement and that they are not compliant with the CCA 1974. Of course they could not tell me one of the flaws, but did say latter in the conversation that all charges are recoverable.

They stated that the FSA have informed all mortgage companies to contact their customers direct if they did not then companies would be able to claim this on their behalf of the the motgagee.

They also state that all details of Mortgages held by different lenders are held on a central PPI registry for missold policies - I told him I did not have a PPI - he said it did not matter it would still be held on a central file.

I asked how they got hold of my details...... he said they purchased the info from Data Companies.

They also tell me that the Ministry of Justice actualy oversees the FSA - is this true!

The Solicitor firm they told me about, turns out to be a Ltd company that will hire a solicitor on your behalf - so they purport that they have a large firm of solicitors when actually they do not.

He also told me their web site is www.centroclientreview.co.uk I have not checked it out yet but will do latter.

Now, if my thoughts are correct, I believe that Data companies would not be able to pass over my personal data including phone numbers, surnames and Mortgage companies. I think I should write to the ICO about this - what do you think.

What is every one elses views.

Comment

Yep and also ask the FSA about this part (poss under FOI)

They stated that the FSA have informed all mortgage companies to contact their customers direct if they did not then companies would be able to claim this on their behalf of the the motgagee.
            Good work Tutts.

Read Unenforceable Mortgage Agreement - Is your mortgage unenforceable? seems to be the basis of this stuff. That and the securitization issues covered elsewhere.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 14th April 2009, 18:49:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              Now, if my thoughts are correct, I believe that Data companies would not be able to pass over my personal data including phone numbers, surnames and Mortgage companies. I think I should write to the ICO about this - what do you think.
              Write to them and tell them you want your details removing at once or you'll sue them.

Comment

He also told me their web site is www.centroclientreview.co.uk I have not checked it out yet but will do latter.

I've just clicked on that link and it says 'page not found', to be honest hun this just does not seem straight to me. Christ if all mortgages between 1975 and 2007 have flaws in the credit agreement, then the floodgates will open and a whole new set of claims can be started again and not just for charges/ERC etc.

I'd like to see what others think about this.

Comment

Remove the 'r' to read Cento.

Comment

Cento Client Review,credit card and loan refunds and overcharging. No win no fee

This is what it throws up although a different phone number to the one given to Tuttsi and a different CRM No, but most definately interesting.

I'm inclined to agree with you Amy, tell them to remove all details or into court they go.

Comment

5:45am Ok, been up for last hour or so thinking about this and I believe I have now worked this out.

Sept 2007 I was contacted by a Julian Greer from a company called Loans.Co.UK, a company who one or two years earlier I had contacted them for a loan from advertising material which I received. It was a telephone request and certain personal details were taken from me in connection with a proposed loan over the phone. I never signed any papers and consequently did not proceed.

The reason why Mr Greer contacted me is because my personal info along with 1000's of others was stolen from this company and sold to a third party. I did a company search at that time and found that Donna Pumprey was the Company Secretary - and for those who do not recognise her name she is also the Company Secretary for MBNA.

Now our BOS Mortgage was arround 2005 so during this time when info was given, if they had asked who the current lender was I would have given them this info at that time. Now since my personal data information was sold without the permission of Loans.Co.UK, I emailed to Donna Pumphrey:-

copy email -SEPT 2007 -I recently received a letter from a Jullieann Grreer, MD for the above company advising me that my personal details was amongst certain data sold to a third party without their permission. I am writing to you as after doing a Company Search, your name came up as the Company Secretary.

Please can you confirm to me on behalf of Loans.Co.Uk if this is true, and if this is the case can you please let me have the crime reference number together with the Police Station this crime was reported to.

I would also like confirmation of exactly what information Loans.Co.Uk held on me as to my recollection I have never had any loans with this company.

In the meantime I have just opened my post this morning and I have received an unsolicited mail offering me a loan from GE Money and it also has Loans.Co.Uk on this document. Please can you ensure that my telephone number and address is removed from the records of Loans.Co.Uk and any other organisation connected such as GE Money immediately as I do not wish to receive these mailings.

Your urgent attention to this would be vey much appreciated.

I did receive a response from Donna Pumphrey and eventually a response back from directly from Loans.co. All my personal data which they had they confirmed was removed from their records at my request and for the record my data was removed from their mailings.

There were several threads at the time about Loans.co.uk, one for sure was OTRhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/113277-loans-co-personal-details.html , there may also be a thread on here. I know the the police and the ICO was involved at that time. Nothing as usual was done and the perpertrator got away with it as far as I know and it eventually died a death until now.

So this company Cento who called me must have aquired this data info from stolen Data. So my plan is now to write to them and ask them to confirm the exact source of where they obtained my personal DATA from. Should this be a SAR!

This company are registered with the Ministry of Justice and from reading up on this they are the Regulators in England and Wales for Claims management regulation. There web page is www.claimsregulation.gov.uk. I will also write to them and ask them to investigate.

Last edited by TUTTSI; 15th April 2009, 05:59:AM.

Comment

Spot on Tuttsi.

Also did you ever get a loan from Loans.co.uk who acted as brokers - as I seem to recall they weren't actually what they claimed to be but, it's been alleged, were in fact a tracing company posing as a broker offering loans to those in difficulties with the real intention, or so it's alledged, of tracing 'gone aways' in other words defaulting debtors who had moved addresses
                        Also I think your correct I think those who have your personal details have been laying low until the furore had passed & an opportunity arose to use it such as now

My own view is that you should be very careful & that you report this firm to all and sundry

Also the link in Ame's post take you to site which is offering some very dodgy advice in that it refers to ERC's being recoverable or even that by their presence in the contract they make the mortgage unenforceable - this in itself is absolute nonsense
                        Last edited by righty; 15th April 2009, 09:47:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                          Spot on Tuttsi.

Also did you ever get a loan from Loans.co.uk who acted as brokers -No I never took the loan just got an illistration did not proceed, maybe because they said that I did not get acceptance! so that could be your theory confirmed. In fact everyone who posted on the Loans.co.uk thread OTR all never took loans from my memory. -. as I seem to recall they weren't actually what they claimed to be but, it's been alleged, were in fact a tracing company posing as a broker offering loans to those in difficulties with the real intention, or so it's alledged, of tracing 'gone aways' in other words defaulting debtors who had moved addresses You could well be right, but I do believe that I was a defaulting debtor. Not really sure about these peeps, but they were at the time conected to MBNA through Donna Pumphrey Company Secretary.
                          Also I think your correct I think those who have your personal details have been laying low until the furore had passed & an opportunity arose to use it such as now I agrre but not for much longer.....I will write to their data controller and ask them to remove all my personal info from their files. I will not sign the letter and I will also not leave my phone number on letterhead or email addy.

My own view is that you should be very careful & that you report this firm to all and sundry Apart from the ICO and CMR should I also report them to the OFT as well. Plus feel free to add more names to the list, more the merrier.

Also the link in Ame's post take you to site which is offering some very dodgy advice in that it refers to ERC's being recoverable or even that by their presence in the contract they make the mortgage unenforceable - this in itself is absolute nonsense
                          I have not checked this yet!

I have no intention of being taken in by these peeps 18 flaws indeed. In fact everything they said to me yesterday I took with a pinch of salt. But I can see how some peeps could be taken in with their polished speech. But when challenged them on just minor points the chap had to go and get a manager who dealt with me thereafter.

As an idea we should have a named and shamed section for these types of companies, does anyone agree!

Comment

Blimey Tuttsi what an interesting scenario. Personally I would also report this to the coppers as well, because I'm sure it qualifies as fraud also.
                            I also believe that this Donna Pumphrey deserves investigating, I mean to MBNA actually know of her involvement in all this ? are MBNA part of all of this ? Loads of questions and most definately loads of twists and turns to come.

Blimey this is going to read like an Agatha Christie book and I just love a good mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                              Blimey Tuttsi what an interesting scenario. Personally I would also report this to the coppers as well, because I'm sure it qualifies as fraud also.
                              I also believe that this Donna Pumphrey deserves investigating, I mean to MBNA actually know of her involvement in all this ? are MBNA part of all of this ? Loads of questions and most definately loads of twists and turns to come.

Blimey this is going to read like an Agatha Christie book and I just love a good mystery.
                              me too!

now you know why i was awake half the night racking my brain on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                                I have not checked this yet!

I have no intention of being taken in by these peeps 18 flaws indeed. In fact everything they said to me yesterday I took with a pinch of salt. But I can see how some peeps could be taken in with their polished speech. But when challenged them on just minor points the chap had to go and get a manager who dealt with me thereafter.

As an idea we should have a named and shamed section for these types of companies, does anyone agree!
                                No not unless you have absolute proof
                                If memory serves me right I think this 'broker' was/is in Nottingham amongst other places & we know who's in Nottingham don't we
                                Last edited by righty; 15th April 2009, 17:42:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X