• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Of Scotland Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Of Scotland Charges

2nd Feb 2009
    Instead of going to work to day because of the snow, my husband has given me the task to reclaim all the charges unlawfully taken from us with our previous and current Mortgage lenders. With mortgages I understand you can go back 12 years.

I could not find the file for Bank of Scotland, but found the last staement on filed on Mortgages PLC, when they took over. So I am going to send off today a SAR to assertain all the charges which have been applied to our account.

The address - I have just found out is:
    Bank of Scotland Residential Mortgages
    Customer Relations
    Ettrick House
    37 South Gyle Crescent
    Edinburgh EH12 9DS

xx

Re: Bank Of Scotland Charges

I am wondering whether its worth looking at our old mortgage with TSB. We nearly got reposessed at one stage so my guess is there would be loads of charges. Might have a look at that when I have 5 minutes. What charges can be reclaimed?
    Is no longer here

Comment

On our Rooftop Mortgages, I asked Celteco the following questions:-

ARREARS LETTER/PHONEALL FEE £25.00 - Claim it. They will doubtless tell you that it costs this, but do they telephone you and if so, how often? Irrespective of what they will state, they must also prove it

ARRANGEMENT FAILURE FEE £30.00 - Claim it

SOLICITORS FEE £74.75 - Difficult one, they are entitled to recover their costs with regard to litigation. Claim it anyway and you can always remove it from any settlement arrangement you might reach.

ARREARS MANAGEMENT FEE £75.00 PER MONTH (NOT SURE IF THIS IS CLAIMABLE) - This is most certainly to be claimed. How on earth does it cost £75 per month in addition to the other charges they also pile on?

UNPAID DIRECT DEBIT FEE £30.00 - Claim it

PENALTY FOR NOT PAYING DD £10.00 - Claim it

You must choose which rate of interest you wish to add, you are at liberty to claim interest at any rate you choose, but it must have some basis in logic. What rate of interest are they currently charging you?

Use the template in the library, adapted for your circumstances.

So it looks like one can claim back vertually all the charges less their reasonable true costs for dealing with with admin. Take a look at my Melbourne file as well - I have a plan.

Claim, Claim Claim!.... New Years Motto!

xxx

Comment

Right then, once i have found our old mortgage number i will be sending an SAR to LTSB, as they are now, and see what I get. Got a feeling I only chucked out the old stuff a couple of months ago, but will have ahunt round see what i can come up with, if anyhting. need to get a move on, i'm sure it was roundabout 1996-1997, so the 12 years would be nearly up, wouldn't it.
        Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
          Right then, once i have found our old mortgage number i will be sending an SAR to LTSB, as they are now, and see what I get. Got a feeling I only chucked out the old stuff a couple of months ago, but will have ahunt round see what i can come up with, if anyhting. need to get a move on, i'm sure it was roundabout 1996-1997, so the 12 years would be nearly up, wouldn't it.
          Have a look on your new lenders fil, that is where I found the last statement, when we took out a new Mortgage. You may even have the reference number on there.

Good Luck.

xx

Comment

The mortgage account number just sudddenly popped into my head! it must be fate! I am sorting out SAR even as I type. Will let you know the outcome. Might start a thread later. Thanks Tutts.
            Is no longer here

Comment

As I am not familiar with mortgage claims - do we have many successes on here and if so did they get as far as court?

I am particularly interested in the admin charges for being in arrears for some posters OTR.

Thanks
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

If you have a read of my Melbourne Thread, Elizabeth has given me some advice. She said she did the Pre-lim and then the LBA then sent it all to the FOS, she did not go the court route. She tells me she got all her charges refunded with interest, so I thought it was worth a shot - with no court fees. Have a read and tell me what you think! Because between the different Mortgage accounts we have had we have been stung for £1k'sssss of pounds. If can can get this money back then we might be able to keep ourselves out of the hardship and be able to live debt free. Now that would be very nice.

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12946

xx

Comment

I have just found this article posted by Mistie back in June 07:-
                  http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/mortgag...page_id=8&ct=5

This article was written by the reporter who was doing an article on Hardship cases last year and who made contact with me at that time.

I will send a copy of this article with our LBA as quite clearly the FOS are stating that they will take the case up if the lender will not refund the charges.

xx

Comment

Thanks that looks quite clear!

Quite right too - especially when we are seeing these charges being made when they dont even write a letter!

To be fair when I dealt with arrears we did not kick people when they were down and did not add regular charges but there WAS quite a lot of admin involved on each case ( if you did your job properly)

However I do not agree with adding an automatic fee just for paying a few days late or if no contact has been made . And anyway it should really be part of your overhead expenses of your business as far as I am concerned.
                    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

I have now received back the SAR. They have not included any term and conditions, no tarrif of charges.... in fact many of the pages are illedgible and some are blanks!

The statement of account includes fees such as £250 litigation admin fee, Release fee £150, Special Arrangement £50, unpaid DD fee £10, Unpaid item fee £25, Statement production £5.

I will unless anyone advises otherwise include all these fees and see what happens. It does not look at first glance a fortune, but I will copy it on to a spready and take it from there.

xx

Comment

A call received at home whilst I was at work today from a company called CENTO CLIENT (My Simple Claim Ltd) they say there Solicitors are Forbes Douglas and are licenced by the Ministry of Justice CRM15605. They stated to Mr t that I have £3K due to me through the BOS - something to do with irregularities in the consumer credit agreement.

What is weird is this was a joint account with Mr T - so why did they not want him! I am going to phone them and sound them out, but would not use them - as basically do not trust them.

We are Ex directory at home so do not know how they got my number also, how comes they have access to any documentation regardsing me under the ICO. this is all very suspicious.

http://www.chambersmoore.co.uk/ this is a link to Anoco UK Ltd, who aparently trade as Forbes Douglas.

What is a licence with Ministry of justice - what significance is it. It does not sound kosher to me.

Has anyone heard of this outfit. The number they gave me to ring is 0845 873 4994.

Comment

Business Name:Anoco UK Ltd
                          Address:5 Bream's Buildings
                          Town/City:Greater London
                          County: Greater London
                          Postcode:EC4A 1DY
                          Trading Names:Forbes Douglas
                          Sectors:Financial products/services, Personal Injury,
                          Authorisation Number:CRM15605
                          The details above is what I got when I put in their CRM number to check whether they were regulated for claims under the ministry of justice or not.
                          CMR: Claims Management Regulation

Comment

Is your claim around 3k? or do you have an account/loan with BOS for around 3k ? Have you posted about it anywhere?

Ring them and sound them out, dont agree to ANYTHING, try find out where they got the info from.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Is your claim around 3k? or do you have an account/loan with BOS for around 3k ? Have you posted about it anywhere?
                              I do not know where this figure comes from TBVH - should I make enquiries without giving them any of my personal info.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X