• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lee1211 and Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lee1211 and Blemain Finance

when i first called them up to get a loan they where so friendly and nice now they call me at 8.30am and when my partner tells them ive been working a night shift they ask her to wake me up! the cheeky fu@@@rs!!! they offered me loan protection with all the usual crap you know fear tactics like "but what if you was injured at work? or got laid off? at least you will have piece of mind knowing that your loans would be paid and it will only cost you a few pence a day!" so like an idiot i fell for it.it was only when i got my check that i realised that the few pence a day wasnt going to be paid every month for the duration of the loan but all at once out of the money i borrowed!.i wanted a five thousand pound loan and got 4,600 after they took their loan protection.i should have realised then that they were dodgy but i thought at least its sorted and im coverd for three years now right? WRONG after having the loan for four months the firm i was working for went bust which was bad but id done the right thing and paid for cover phew!!! so i put a claim in and suprise suprise i get it back as void because i hadnt been in continuous employment for six months before i claimed!!!!! (id had a couple of weeks off in between jobs)i thought well thats just great ive paid 400 pounds for a policy that has NEVER been valid!!! i tried everything and spent hours getting passed around on the phone but they were adament that they would not pay.so obviously i had no job with very little coming in i ended up in arears.after three missed payments the sharks came out they must have smelt blood.thretening letters thretening phone calls not off nice ladys like the woman who mis sold me the insurance but from gobby arogant cocky little manc bas@@ds who must have spent 2 years at dic@@ead school!.basically demanding four months payments on that day or they were going to take me to court and reposses my home! the stress this caused my mrs and me was awful everytime there was a knock at the door my heart would sink wondering if some one was going to come in and kick us out over five grand i was very lucky to have generous family and freinds around who chucked in and borrowed us the money to get these scumbags off our backs and then i found work again and ive been paying them extortionatly high monthly payments to catch up but of course they have their claws in so they keep throwing charges for thirty pounds here and there so its taking forever to get straight but what choice do i have?.i asked them to tell me how much i owe on the loan and they said they cant tell me they wanted 35 pound for a statement 35 pounds just to know what i owe them!!!!!!!!i got another one of their letters the other day saying that they want to provide me with building insurance as its part of the loan if i dont send them info on who is providing it now then they will charge me 150 pounds for the privilage!!!! you can imagine my reaction to that considering the luck i had with there insurance the last time round!!! how can these people get away with treating people so badly just because that person has money problems???? who do i speak to to have something done to stop these people making a fortune through other peoples misery????? these bas@@rds cant be allowed to keep getting away with this.......

Re: lee1211 and Blemain Finance

Hi lee and welcome to Beagles,
    I can understand how upset you are over this, we all love a rant and it does make us feel better.
    The thing is now you need to just try and give us he info we need to help you.
    Have you sent a SAR (subject access request) to Blenaim ? if so what was the result?
    Have you started a claim to get you PPI back?
    I think you will find that dealing with these people you must keep everything in writing. Someone else will be along soon and ask you for more details of the loan, please remember to leave out any personal details when giving your info.
    Enaid x

Comment

Hi Lee

A very warm welcome to Legal Bagles.

Looks like we had a lucky escape with this lot... we very nearly took a 2nd Mortgage with them. Thank goodness we did'nt.

PPI if mis sold as well as charges can be reclaimed upto 12 years. I will be starting the process with both Melbourne and Rooftops in the next week or so as we have had extornatate charges. My threads are in the Mortgage section.

Comment

Monarch recoveries are the gentlemen who will be pestering you. They get paid a commission for every £ they manage to trick you into paying. They have a list of additional charges (on the backs of their "final demand" letters) which are like a sweetie shop display of how to milk a client who dares miss a payment they really have refined this to almost an art.

Did you use an agent to arrange the loan? There is a rumor that they may have been involved in undeclared "hidden" commission payments to agents which does not sit comfortably with them.

The fact that they loan money is almost incidental. The in house collection agents and legal teams milk unfortunates who fall into arrears and you could end up with enough "cheeky extras" on your loan to double the amount you received!

Apart from that I can’t see why you wouldn’t want to use them!

NOT
        The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Hi Lee, I am another Blemain victim. If you take a look at their website, which has been revised since I last had a look, they are now stating that they send user-friendly statements and supply a virtual guide to understanding them. You are entitled to request this plus a complete list of charges without resorting to a Statement Access Request (for which you have to pay £10) and that's worth a try. I got one without paying; however I did send the request recorded delivery, as they are famous for claiming not to have received letters. But with these people it is absolutely essential not to miss monthly payments as they go for repossession almost immediately. And they charge £35 for every chasing call. I actually got a call from Monarch this Saturday which was their error - I haven't missed a payment - and although they acknowledged their mistake I know I will have to write recorded delivery so that I have a record that it was their mistake and don't get charged £35.

Also, and any other Blemain victims, please note that they said on the phone that direct debits will now be taken on the last working day of every month whatever has been previously agreed. Said letter would be in the post, but no sign of it so far.

I am fighting the buildings insurance business too; they claim to have written to me twice at the commencement of the loan asking for the status of buildings insurance, they have charged me £195 for not replying, and I only found out they were charging me for insurance at all when I asked for a redemption statement. They require their 'interest' to be noted on your buildings policy. If you can provide that then they will shut up about it. Good luck. And it sounds as if you have been missold the PPI; there is loads of help here and elsewhere on this. Kind regards, MG

Comment

Hi Robster, just wondering about this 'hidden commission' business. Do you mean the list of charges constitutes hidden commission, or that there is actually weird commission floating about? I might have some evidence but am anxious about making it public.

Comment

i forgot all about this post thanks for all the replies i will look into the points made thanx again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X