• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What am I entitled to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I entitled to?

OK So as of the 16th January I have now been back in the UK for 5 years so all the rubbish Ive been thrown about not being entitled to anything because I worked abroad should be done.

I re-applied for JSA this morning, is there any other benefits I can get to help me till I get a job?
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

Re: What am I entitled to?

Your best place to start is http://www.entitledto.co.uk/
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Okies I've been on there and put in all our figures etc and apparently we are entitled to Pension Credits and exemption from Council Tax. So here's the question......

How do we go about claiming these ? Who do we contact ? What do we ask for ?

Never done this before so its a learning experience.

Comment

For pension credits you want this site http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/Do...gory/DG_073267

for council tax contact your local council.
        Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Ta hun, and there's me thinking its one call and one leaflet pmsl.

Comment

The housing benefit forms arrived this morning, the lady on the phone said its highly unlikly I wont be able to get it, is there any thing I should or shouldn't put on the papers?

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

Ok one of the questions asks about income, now mine is £0 atm, OH's is more complicated his salary is £60k OTE which he earnt last year, but with the whole crunchiness going on at the moment he only made about 60% of his target this quarter which means he will OWE his company money. They are paid monthly on the basis that they will at least make 70% to target.

Anyway enough rambling do I put down only his base salary or do I say about the commission as well?

My Hardship Claim
              Me VS Abbey Win
              BIL HSBC Credit Card
              BIL EGG
              BIL HSBC Loan
              BIL PPI Win

Comment

Sorry hun, I've never filled in one of those forms, but at least my reply is bumping this up to the top for you.

Comment

You will get nothing because you cannot tick sufficient diversity boxes. In short, you are white, English and you want work, so forget getting any benefits. Now if you were a left-handed, one-armed, Norwegian, glass-blower with a thorough knowledge of contemporary dance from Guinea-Bissau or basket weaving in Namibia, whose Father never talked to you on Thursdays, you'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

More seriously, you cannot include your partner's income based on his OTE because he may not earn that. Just include his basic salary, nothing more.

Comment

Ok so I have done an I&E based on OH's base salary (no comms) rather scary! I have stapled it to the housing benefits form and hope to god that it somehow qualifies me.

We are currently on -570 ish a month the I&E sheet is a very real picture of what could be happening over the next 3 months if things continue the way they are.
                    Last edited by Mochamoo; 13th August 2009, 11:05:AM.

My Hardship Claim
                    Me VS Abbey Win
                    BIL HSBC Credit Card
                    BIL EGG
                    BIL HSBC Loan
                    BIL PPI Win

Comment

I've pm'd you a couple of ideas on savings hun.

Also we have a phone interview about the council tax benefit later this afternoon will let you know how it went laters.

Comment

Mocha have you tried this site ? Office Recruit - UK Recruitment for Secretarial Admin Jobs

Comment

Thank you Wendy and Sapphire for your suggestions they are very much appreciated.

My mobile contract ends in April so I will be moving to a payg cheapy cheap one.

Cat insurance is now as low as I can get it ( after all of expensive kittens treatments no insurer wants her)

Car insurance for me - Long story but thats as low as mine will go, OH has a Lotus Elise (which is broken so cant be sold and cant afford to fix it):yell:

Wendy like the sky idea will ask around, I have just gone up again after my last complaint about prices which had me £10 a month for several months. I am loathe to get rid of sky as we dont go out to save money and I would go banana's if I didnt have something to watch and couldnt go out. Also OH (against my wishes I might add) got Sky HD back in october so we are still in contract for the box for another 8 months.

I am mid letter writing now asking all my supplieres and mortgage company if we can reduce payments for a bit - Fab idea Thanks Sapp x

Posted HB letter... no idea how long it takes but after reading DWP website I am not hopefull

My Hardship Claim
                          Me VS Abbey Win
                          BIL HSBC Credit Card
                          BIL EGG
                          BIL HSBC Loan
                          BIL PPI Win

Comment

So if it's broken, presumably you are not driving it, so why are you still paying insurance on it?. You might be able to reduce the level of cover, i.e down to theft only. No point in having cover for driving it etc if its just sitting on the drive or in the garage.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Don't forget if its off the road you can declare a SORN and save on the tax too.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X