• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff knocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff knocking

:tinysmile_cry_t:

Hi I hope maybe some can shed some legal light on this for me, its a bit confusing but here we go.

On the 11th nov 08 as bailiff knocked on my door with regard to a pcn outstanding with my local council, and was going to remove my car. He stated that it was over 300 pounds now as he had called before (he hadnt) and I had absolutely no previous knowledge of the pcn at all, when i looked at his letter it was addressed to my previous address altho he was knocking at my new house. He said he would give me some time to find papers etc and wld return. I then rang the council only to find that I had 9 outstanding pcns (my god!) I set about sorting the paperwork and found that 4 were from beginin of 07 for which I had filed a stat dec with tec and received letters from them revoking these again in 07 and had not heard a thing from the council since.

two I have no infomation on at all only the pcn number that the woman at the council gave me when i called, and again had nothing from council. One I have the actual ticket from the pay and display covering me for the pcn. And with respect to all of them I refiled the stat dec TE3 PE3 OOT forms and a witnessed avaidavit with regards to all of them stating that as the council had the wrong address on file (even tho my log book had been changed) I had never received any of the paperwork at all on the 18th november. And faxed it all to my council and sent recorded delivery to TEC.

Then on the 18th Dec received a letter from CCS Enforcements saying they had been trying to contact me (again they hadnt this was the 1st letter) with regards to 1 of the pcns stating that a warrant had been obtained against me which had been passed to them for enforcement. And that they had been directed by the court to seize my goods and will be calling to do such weather Im present or not. With nothing on the letter saying how much or the date of pcn or warrant etc.

I then emailed TEC as an urgent request and on 16th Jan had a reply stating that I had filed on the 21st nov and on the 8th Jan the court had revoked the order. Then last night I had a very rude nasty bailiff again knock on my door saying again my car was going to be towed right now if i didnt pay. I in a panic grabbed all my paperwork and began to show him to which he was not interested one bit. Said now it was up to at least 600 pounds and was insisting that id had previous letters at least 4 I had had one. He then said hed put a letter through my door that day and 'Oh is it still in the letterbox' and as i looked from the inside of the door he shoved it through the box right there and then. He then got on his phone to get the tow truck. I again showed him my paperwork and he at least agreed to go away and to call the council and will be returning today. I dont know where i stand with regards to this as as far as I was aware had filed all the relevant forms and had them witnessed etc. But obviously not really not sure what my next step is as im very confused. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this as im sure its confusing to say the least.

Thankyou x

Re: Bailiff knocking

First, I would suggest you have a read of this guide here Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles

I would also suggest you send this letter to the bailiff company to ascertain exactly what charges have been added Bailiff - SAR - Legal Beagles

You need to complain about the bailiff's behaviour. You also should complain to the council concerned as they employ him.

Have a read of the guide in the first instance and if you need any further help, post again.

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me and i went onto http://www.bailiffadviceonline speak to Sheila she is very good.

what you need is an out of time declaration and also she will advise you how to make a complaint against the bailiff first you have to check if he has a valid licence to do what he is doing.

good luck

Comment

You need to ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre first thing in the morning and find out whether they have sent the revoking order to the local authority. Their telephone number is 08457 045 007 nd they are open from 8.15.

I suspect that they may have also written to you at your previous address.

What is so very worrying is that when a bailiff is passed a Warrant of Execution from the local authority they "Data Cleanse" the warrant. This means that they then run a check to see if you have moved home.....and they then visit that new address. I personally believe that this is shameful because it would be more than obvious that if you had moved that it would be most unlikely that you had received all of the previous statutory notices.

Bailiffadviceonline.co.uk
        Last edited by tomtubby; 22nd January 2009, 23:30:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X