• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement notice

Hi everyone,

I am not having a very good start to the new year.

A hand delivered letter was delivered today, not put in hand but through post box.

Enforcement notice.

The councile enforcement officer called today 06/01/09 to take possession of your goods in accodance with the liability order issued by the local magistrates court in respect ofarrears for council tax.

(We was taken to court and advised to pay 100 per month, hubby was working and has not been since 01/10/2008. I am only income provider and do not earn enough to meet all bills. 100 which was agreed before this happened)

Date liabilty order granted 26/06/08
    Bal of liabilty 475
    Baliff Charges 24.50
    Total to pay 499.50

You are liable to pay the above balance and may also incur further costs if another visit is necessary

You must pay the full balance immdiately.

Please contact us.

Can anyone advise? Can I offer to pay so much per month? My hubby is not entitled to any benfits, he can only have his stamp paid and thats it.
    I have no help with the mortgage which we are behind on also and they have been great and understanding.

Re: Enforcement notice

Update,
    I have spoken to them on the number on the letter, explained my income and outgoings. which are to be confirmed in writing on a income and expenditure sheet they are supplying me with.

At first they asked for full payment. I said if i could give them this I would be phoning to make the payment and not ask what my options are. I asked for reassurance as I was concerned that someone would break into my home while I was out at work and take my things. He assured me they do not do this.

He states that in light of what I have siad it is not a great deal owed although it ia payable, he states that I maybe offered a payment plan so that payment can be made weekly fornightly or monthly.

He also advised me to get in contact with a company called CCCS. Whoever they are for some financial advise.

He has put the account on hold until we can come together with some kind of answer.

Comment

Re: Enforcement notice

Work out how much you can afford to pay each week/month and offer them that. DO NOT be pressurised into paying more than you can afford. Its better to pay a lower amount you're comfortable with, and pay a bit extra as and when you can afford it, than agree to pay more than you can afford and end up breaking the agreement and getting into more mess.
      Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X