• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

what's your mortgage rate doing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your mortgage rate doing?

Just thought it might be interesting, and probably a bit nosey, to see what terms.rates etc peoples mortgages are on.

Are they following the base rate, how many peeps are stuck on high fixed rates, that kind of thing.

I got a review letter through today.

Birmingham Midshires - SIL Tracker - current rate 3.89%, which is 0.89% above BBR, then changing on 13/8/9 (which i think is when ERC ends) to 1.75% above BBR which would give a rate of 4.75%.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: what's your mortgage rate doing?

I took out a 5 year fixed rate with the Woolwich, which started in February 2007, at 4.99%.

Comment

I'm fixed on 6.7% till September then it goes to tracker
      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
      Me VS Abbey Win
      BIL HSBC Credit Card
      BIL EGG
      BIL HSBC Loan
      BIL PPI Win

Comment

We are presently on the Libor rate of 6.21% + 3.2% sub prime rate which has now dropped at a fantastic rate for us to 2.70 % + 3.2% sub prime rate and depending what the rate is on 15/1/2009 will determine our rate for the next 3 months. Presently, we have calculated our savings from February are working out at the last 3 months libor rate drop to just under £900 per month savings and we still have a few more days to achieve even a larger saving. This will now save us from moving as this is the savings we were trying to achieve. The interest rates are likely to drop again this coming Thursday so the libor is likley to drop again.

I cannot tell you what a huge relief it will be for us, trying to achieve a very high Mortgage each month and this has been cripling.

Comment

Our mortgage deal comes to an end at this end of this month ie January 2009.

We're with Mortgage Express, so they are not doing any more deals.

Problem with us trying for another is we could end up with a horrendous rate as hubby is self employed and I do not have definite income each month (plus lots of defaults).

Needs a little investigation I think though, guess we would not have anything to lose by investigating................ and we would not have to accept a rotten deal would we?!

Comment

Just a precaution, you need to have 75% equity - 15/20% drop in house prices before lenders will consider doing remortgages etc.

Those fantastic deals that used to be on the market are long gone.

Comment

Xena,

I think you will find the required equity to get the good rates will be even higher (or is it lower?). When I got my current deal, you needed to have an equity of 80% or less. Now the major lenders are looking for an equity of 60% or less to give you their best rates. That is certainly the case with Woolwich/Barclays.

Comment

Originally posted by BBB View Post
                Xena,

I think you will find the required equity to get the good rates will be even higher (or is it lower?). When I got my current deal, you needed to have an equity of 80% or less. Now the major lenders are looking for an equity of 60% or less to give you their best rates. That is certainly the case with Woolwich/Barclays.
                Well with the Abbey you have to have 75% taking into account the drop in house prices of 20%.

Comment

A quick scout around shows the following who will only give their best rates with a loan to value (LTV) of 60% or less:-

Nationwide
                  Barclays/Woolwich
                  Nat West (on their 2 year fixed rates, 25% LTV on 2 year tracker and 5 year fixed rate)
                  Abbey (http://www.abbey.com/csgs/Satellite?...to/GS_Producto)
                  Lloyds TSB
                  C & G
                  Halifax
                  Alliance & Leicester
                  HSBC

Most only appear to be lending with a maximum of 75% LTV, though Nationwide go up to 85% LTV with their fixed rate/tracker products, but there is a difference of about 1.5% in the interest rate when compared to a loan of up to 60% LTV.

It's a big difference compared to 2 years ago when I last remortgaged and the best rates were available on a LTV of 80% or less.

Comment

I was on a tracker with Northern Rock up until Jan 1st - it was guaranteed to be 0.85% below BoE Base Rate - which put me at 6.35 and then 5.85 in Nov and Dec. That finished on 1st Jan, and now we're floating - but the 1% rate cut in late Nov just came through, and now we're on 5.84% LMAO. That means that instead of the £640 we were paying most of last year, we're now paying £595...

p.s. We're stuck with Northern Rock - with my current financial status there is NO WAY I will get a new mortgage when people who exceeded their overdraft by £30, once, a month ago are getting turned down!

Tom
                    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                    Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Tom,

How on earth can they justify a standard variable rate that is nearly 4% higher than the Bank of England base rate??? It is nearly 2% higher than Nationwides SVR. It is daylight robbery, though at least you are in a better position than you were.

Comment

This is the LIBOR rate
                        Libor: Latest inter-bank lending rate with charts | This is Money

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                          and hopefully still going down.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
                            And the Northern Rock SVR is still 3% higher than the LIBOR rate.

Comment

They're trying to reduce their customer base; daylight robbery it may be but they're (in the meantime) a nationalised company because they nearly went under. Like I said - I'm stuck with them until other companies start lending to consumers.

Tom
                              I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
                              Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X