• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

child tax credits help pls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child tax credits help pls

Morning

Hypothetical question

Just been on phone to tax credits 'help' line and they were a tad unhelpful.

I have to let them know any changes in circumstances in the next two weeks which I assume is either an annual thing or they have flagged up my income support has been stopped.

So if I tell them that my income support has been stopped (as of 27th November due to perceived equity in property owned jointly) and the only other benefit, and income, I receive is child benefit (for 3 under 10) will they stop my tax credits ?

See i thought this would be a simple question, but apparently they can't tell me until they 'process' the amendment which obviously I'm not going to let them do until I know if it will leave me with nothing.

Oh also, my receipt of free school dinners is reliant on my receipt of income support, this is around £30 a week (£1.70 a day x 3 kids), will I lose this too?

Cheers

Ame
    xx
    Last edited by Amethyst; 3rd January 2009, 12:08:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: child tax credits help pls

Hi Amethyst. according to the Child Tax Credit page on HM Revenue & Government web site, I'd have thought that, as you no longer receiving Income Support, you would be entitled to more not less C.T.C.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/introduction.htm

Comment

Re: child tax credits help pls

Thanks for that Just called them again with the dates for IS and yet again they can't say what it will change to although she said it will change. Worrying bit is it currently says I am on maximum child tax credit so only change can be down lol.

Well nothing to do but wait and see I guess. They don't make things easy do they.

also checked the dinner thing and so long as the tax credits continue, the school dinner entitlement will continue too.

Will let you know.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X