• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest and littlewoods debt not mine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest and littlewoods debt not mine

On the 2nd Dec i received a letter from Capquest stating that i owed £130 to littlewoods catalogue and they had now bought the debt.
    I know nothing about this debt as i have never had a catalogue from littlewoods.
    I telephoned them to say this, they said it was from jan 2004, and they know nothing apart from it was littlewoods catalogue, they couldnt tell me what was bought where it was delivered the account number, nothing !

They then said that i would have to write and tell them i dispute this debt for them to find out anything else about it.
    Now 9th Dec i received a telephone call from Capquest asking for money, i said that i had spoken to someone last week and that i was going to send a letter in, but was waiting for appointment with the CAB they said that i must send the letter in now and not wait to see the CAB (7 days) has now expired and they will hold it for 7 more days so i can send the letter in, also stating that now i will be incuring interest payments.

I have never had a letter or telephone call about this debt until now nearly 5 years later.
    Do i wait to see CAB or just send a quick letter
    Dont know what to do now please help

Re: Capquest and littlewoods debt not mine

Use Curlybens letter from here

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Seems CQ have branched out into catalogue debts now.

Well at least they can't file a statutory demand on this one

Comment

Thank you for the letter template, i will post to them tomorow.

Comment

No problems, keep us informed.

Welcome to Legal Beagles too.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X