• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Template Notice Requiring Possession: Periodic Tenancy For Landlords

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Notice Requiring Possession: Periodic Tenancy For Landlords

HOUSING ACT 1988 SECTION 21(4)(a)
    as amended by the Housing Act 1996
    Assured Shorthold Tenancy
    Notice Requiring Possession: Periodic Tenancy
    To:

[NAME OF TENANT 1]
    [NAME OF TENANT 2]
    [NAME OF TENANT 3]
    [NAME OF TENANT 4]
    [NAME OF TENANT 5]
    [ADDRESS OF TENANT]

[NAME OF LANDLORD]
    [ADDRESS OF LANDLORD]

I HEREBY GIVE YOU NOTICE THAT I REQUIRE POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY KNOWN AS

[ADDRESS OF TENANCY]

after [DATE OF EXPIRY](Date of expiry)

or, if later, the day on which a complete period of your tenancy expires next after the end of two months from the service of this notice.

Signed:

(Signature of Landlord)

Date of Notice: [DATE OF NOTICE]

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO LANDLORDS AND TENANTS

• This notice can be served after the fixed term has ended specifying a date after which possession is required, being the last day of a period of the tenancy (usually the day before a rent payment day) and not earlier than TWO MONTHS after the date the tenant receives this notice.

• The landlord does not need to give any reason for requiring possession.

• Where there are joint landlords, at least one of them must give this notice.

• Where there are joint tenants, it is preferable that each tenant be served notice.

• The landlord requires possession after the date stated in this notice or at the end of the period of the tenancy which will end next after the expiration of two months from the date the tenant receives this notice. If the tenant does not leave the dwelling, the landlord must get an order for possession from the court before the tenant can lawfully be evicted. The landlord can not apply for such an order before the notice requiring possession has run out i.e. before the date of expiry.

• A Tenant who does not know if he has any right to remain in possession after the notice requiring possession runs out should obtain advice from a solicitor or Citizen's Advice Bureau.

GUIDANCE NOTES
    These notes are provided to assist you in completing your document. They do not form part of the Notice to Quit.

NAME OF LANDLORD

If the property is jointly owned, include all names.

ADDRESS OF TENANCY

The address of the property the landlord requires possession of. The address should be specific enough to fully identify the property. A description of the property is acceptable if property does not have a postal address, so long as it is specific.

DATE OF EXPIRY

The day, month and year after which the Landlord requires possession of the property. This should be the last day of a period of the tenancy (usually the day before a rent payment day). The tenants must leave the property on or by this date. The expiry date must be at least 2 months after the date that the Tenants receive this notice.

DATE OF NOTICE

The day, month and year on which this notice will be issued to the Tenants.
    Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
    Me VS Abbey Win
    BIL HSBC Credit Card
    BIL EGG
    BIL HSBC Loan
    BIL PPI Win

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X